Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 21:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What a surprise, the only person interested in us is a criminal.
Posted on this on another thread so I'll keep this short by lPp standards. 

LoV themselves state it came to them from a 3rd party. There's a lot of if's and maybe's in it that suggest it's mostly speculation. Add in that the FL will almost certainly block any attempt by a consortium involving Disley whether he's a 'face' or not after the mess they made of the Cellino business at Leeds. I think this one is most likely a non-starter. 

I think the FL would say he can't pass a 'fit and proper person' test before a deal was struck if only to appear proactive rather than reactive as they did in the Ken Bates at Leeds and the shysters at Portsmouth sagas also. All of them were PR disasters for both the FA and FL and with what's going on at UEFA and FIFA right now they won't want anything that could make them look just as bad.

122Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 22:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Pretty grim reading. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
That's recycling the story that came out two weeks ago and was denied.

123Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 23:36

Fair enough, can't say I've read it before.

124Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 23:44

I didn't know disley and holdsworth are from rival consortium's. And i didn't know his conviction was overturned. If he does get a look in will it be a mike ashley scenario or even worse?

125Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 23:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can guarantee you he wears Joop if that's any help. 

Clearly what these muppets know about legitimate business you could stick on the back of a fag packet. 

That's probably what they gave the offer to Trevor birch on.

126Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just wish the uncertainty would come to an end.

127Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 09:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FullofSprite wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Not long left though.
nine days, not long at all. Worrying times given that their doesn't seem to be a serious bidder with money even close to a deal.
Or ED is asking too much and club blaming those who want to buy the club. Squeaky bum time - ED may have to lower his demands or lose out on admin.

Only 5 working days left. ED either sells or it's admin. Doubt BWFC will be bought if ED is so belligerent and don't tell me he's got best interests of club at heart

It's a court hearing to see if the club is put into Administration- not an automatic confirmation of it. The Court might decide not to do so if there are grounds for suggesting that a solution might be found.
Administration does not mean automatic liquidation -assets will be sold to meet creditors demands  - but with sales of Clough,Davies, some offices ,the hotel ,perhaps Euxton etc.- funds might just be made available to meet preferred creditors.

Many companies have gone into  administration - and survived , trading through the problems and coming out of Admin,leaner and healthier.
With us it'll be League 1- but I can see a bright side to that- it might mean that we win some football games, and that's  what being a football club is all about.
Don't get too pessimistic- we can still survive this mess as a football club, and start the long slog back to being buoyant ,but at a lower level than we were a few years ago.
That would suit me fine!!
No we will be relegated into league 2. We won't have funds to get players needed to win matches and can't see present squad winning matches in league 1.

We need to raise £15 million to survive season and I can't see us doing that, even with player sales. It will be a tight squeeze with car park, hotel and offices.

Then we still don't have an owner and therefore no transfer funds, and still can't afford to sack the manager who has lost the dressing room. So right now just can't see a way ahead.

There's a lot of assertions in there FoS. We will have an owner- and it may be the ones we've got at the minute. They'll still 'own' the club.
The squad we have at the minute is quite capable od performing at league 1 standard - we'll get rid of a few more players and find a few fading players who still want to play at professional level. And a few of the younger players will stay  
Lennon is young and has aspirations- he'll walk eventually without a payoff to preserve his dignity and not get a reputation of being a grabbing sod. How do you know he's lost the dressing room- whatever that expression might mean?
There are very few, if any, clubs below Championship level with a sugar daddy millionaire pumping millions in -so we'll be just one more skint club taking our rightful place in the football hierarchy. Have Bury ,Rochdale,Millwall- or any other club got someone pumping the cash in?
 We were punching above our weight for ten years under Allardyce,thanks entirely to his skill and ED's money, and since those sources have dried up it was inevitable that we would spiral down to what we really are- a small northern ex-mill town club that deserves to be oscillating between League1 and the Championship.
The unpleasant reality is we are where we deserve to be.

128Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 09:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
nine days, not long at all. Worrying times given that their doesn't seem to be a serious bidder with money even close to a deal.
Or ED is asking too much and club blaming those who want to buy the club. Squeaky bum time - ED may have to lower his demands or lose out on admin.

Only 5 working days left. ED either sells or it's admin. Doubt BWFC will be bought if ED is so belligerent and don't tell me he's got best interests of club at heart

It's a court hearing to see if the club is put into Administration- not an automatic confirmation of it. The Court might decide not to do so if there are grounds for suggesting that a solution might be found.
Administration does not mean automatic liquidation -assets will be sold to meet creditors demands  - but with sales of Clough,Davies, some offices ,the hotel ,perhaps Euxton etc.- funds might just be made available to meet preferred creditors.

Many companies have gone into  administration - and survived , trading through the problems and coming out of Admin,leaner and healthier.
With us it'll be League 1- but I can see a bright side to that- it might mean that we win some football games, and that's  what being a football club is all about.
Don't get too pessimistic- we can still survive this mess as a football club, and start the long slog back to being buoyant ,but at a lower level than we were a few years ago.
No we will be relegated into league 2. We won't have funds to get players needed to win matches and can't see present squad winning matches in league 1.

We need to raise £15 million to survive season and I can't see us doing that, even with player sales. It will be a tight squeeze with car park, hotel and offices.

Then we still don't have an owner and therefore no transfer funds, and still can't afford to sack the manager who has lost the dressing room. So right now just can't see a way ahead.

There's a lot of assertions in there FoS. We will have an owner- and it may be the ones we've got at the minute. They'll still 'own' the club.
The squad we have at the minute is quite capable od performing at league 1 standard - we'll get rid of a few more players and find a few fading players who still want to play at professional level. And a few of the younger players will stay  
Lennon is young and has aspirations- he'll walk eventually without a payoff to preserve his dignity and not get a reputation of being a grabbing sod. How do you know he's lost the dressing room- whatever that expression might mean?
There are very few, if any, clubs below Championship level with a sugar daddy millionaire pumping millions in -so we'll be just one more skint club taking our rightful place in the football hierarchy. Have Bury ,Rochdale,Millwall- or any other club got someone pumping the cash in?
 We were punching above our weight for ten years under Allardyce,thanks entirely to his skill and ED's money, and since those sources have dried up it was inevitable that we would spiral down to what we really are- a small northern ex-mill town club that deserves to be oscillating between League1 and the Championship.
I think your "reality check" assessment is fine Rammy, but unlike many small town clubs we have a pretty strong history of achievement mainly founded on the former economic wealth the town generated. Depending on the weighting given to league and cup wins and cup final appearances we are something like the 20th to 25th most successful English club which means that over our very long history we average out as vacillating between the top two divisions.
Of course we have no divine right to stay there and the changes in the economic circumstances and reduction of the physical boundaries of the town have ensured that we are going to slide down a bit but our history will always be a burden to us and will always fuel higher expectations amongst the fans.
What really angers me is that having had recent success, our chairman has squandered away our future. We really should have been consolidating our position whilst the sun was shining as with careful management our inevitable decline could have been slowed to a snail's pace and perhaps even stopped altogether - at least for a while.

129Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 09:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think you're right Lusty- our history ( when the game was a working class entertainment ) is something to be proud of, but it's now  a monkey on our backs. The last thing we really won was the FA cup in 1958- 58 years ago.
How many current supporters were at that match, or watched in on TV? I'll wager very few. If its created some sort of nostalgia for the great days so be it, but if past glories and the few years we had in the Premiership under Sam are seriously affecting our expectations now- then the vast majority of fans are seriously deluding themselves.

I think (without being morbid) that I've got about 20 yeas of supporting them left in me- and the best that I think I'll see ever again is a decent Championship outfit. You can dream but reality is always  a bucket of cold water waiting to douse your dreams

130Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 10:26

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I disagree that the team is capable of competing in league one. I said when we went down from the Premiership that we'd struggle in the championship and if we get relegated to division 1 we will struggle there. The squad of players we have at the moment are just not good enough.

Bury have a sugar Daddy (as you call them) or else they wouldn't be able to compete on average crowds of 2000 (historically). Most football clubs can't afford to run on gate money alone.

We had capacity crowds when we were in the Premiership and weren't "punching above our weight" but club went on a futile exercise of trying to get back to the premier league, when it should have been trying to reduce costs. Buying Spearing for a reported £3 million for example and keeping Zat Knight on £22,000 a week.

This has so many similarities to the 80's and yes I can see us back in the 2nd ( of for me the 4th division). In fact I can see us in the conference as I really don't see us keeping afloat without shedding most of the players.

Judging by our u21's performance I don't think there's a lot of talent coming through either

131Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 10:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FoS,

We'll have to agree to disagree then

Rammy

132Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Goos strong start in your bid for Doom and Gloom Merchant 2016 FoS.

133Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sun Jan 10 2016, 10:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheer up Spritey, we will piss League 1 next season Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum