Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 09:08

I agree.

From watching that webcast the other night and reading comments on various media, it looks to me as though quite a lot of the people at that meeting were there hoping that setting up an ST would in some way stop us from going into administration and were pinning their hopes on the ST saving the day.

But it's far too late for that now and (if my understanding of what was said is correct), ST's are great for giving the fans a voice, but it's not necessarily a voice that the people running the club need to listen to or act on.

But everybody seems to be getting carried away with the idea of forming an ST as soon as possible and I think that's dangerous.

There's no point rushing because it's too late to affect what's currently happening at the club and I'm just a bit concerned that the people doing the pushing (Crispy and his unnamed mates) seem to be exploiting this misunderstanding of what an ST can achieve to get themselves established in positions of power and I simply don't trust their motives.

If they were genuine, surely they'd be acknowledging that it's too late to change anything now and would be advocating a more measured approach to setting the trust up, as opposed to trying to rush everything through now with indecent haste.

Hope I'm wrong (and at the end of the day the ST will just be a powerless, glorified fan club anyway) but it all seems a bit unseemly to me.

102Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 10:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

rammywhite wrote:
Breadman wrote:Cheers Rammy.

I knew you'd know.
Lets see if the Koreans can come up with the folding stuff.
I think you're getting mixed up Rammy. 

It's the Japanese that are into origami, not the Koreans.

103Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 12:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only a few hours left for the Korean banks offer to go through.

104Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 20:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Almost as if it wasn't true!

105Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 22:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm so fed up with this endless faffing merry go round of who might be in the running to take over, that I have literally lost the will to live.
 Rumours, innuendo, hearsay, gossip, etc etc....  If I can win the Lotto or Euro Millions I will pay off the tax debt and retire to the Cayman Islands ( or somewhere else warm where I can get a decent connection to Chatbox on matchdays.)

106Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 22:35

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:
Breadman wrote:Cheers Rammy.

I knew you'd know.

My pleasure Bredders. I'm watching the ST developments as well to see what the outcome of that might be once the turmoil has died down a little.
Lets see if the Koreans can come up with the folding stuff. I don't think the ST would have the potential to do much in a business of this size. Despite us being on the rocks it's still a multi million pound business and needs ownership and management that reflects that.
Will be able to be bought by highest bidder when we go into admin, which is surely now the case. BWFC ceases to exist and becomes BWFC 2016

107Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 11:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton takeover update. Better news is that sale of offices seems to have got rid of Nucleus loan. Makes sale easier. If anyone has money.

108Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 12:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not long left though.

109Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 13:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Not long left though.
nine days, not long at all. Worrying times given that their doesn't seem to be a serious bidder with money even close to a deal.

110Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:20

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
nine days, not long at all. Worrying times given that their doesn't seem to be a serious bidder with money even close to a deal.
Or ED is asking too much and club blaming those who want to buy the club. Squeaky bum time - ED may have to lower his demands or lose out on admin.

Only 5 working days left. ED either sells or it's admin. Doubt BWFC will be bought if ED is so belligerent and don't tell me he's got best interests of club at heart

111Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Or ED is asking too much and club blaming those who want to buy the club. Squeaky bum time - ED may have to lower his demands or lose out on admin.

Only 5 working days left. ED either sells or it's admin. Doubt BWFC will be bought if ED is so belligerent and don't tell me he's got best interests of club at heart

It's a court hearing to see if the club is put into Administration- not an automatic confirmation of it. The Court might decide not to do so if there are grounds for suggesting that a solution might be found.
Administration does not mean automatic liquidation -assets will be sold to meet creditors demands  - but with sales of Clough,Davies, some offices ,the hotel ,perhaps Euxton etc.- funds might just be made available to meet preferred creditors.

Many companies have gone into  administration - and survived , trading through the problems and coming out of Admin,leaner and healthier.
With us it'll be League 1- but I can see a bright side to that- it might mean that we win some football games, and that's  what being a football club is all about.
Don't get too pessimistic- we can still survive this mess as a football club, and start the long slog back to being buoyant ,but at a lower level than we were a few years ago.
That would suit me fine!!

112Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 17:36

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I was under the impression that ED was only asking for a quid for the club and would wipe the debt for the suitable prospective new owners. The problem seems to be those interested have not come up with the cash to show that they can take the club forward.

113Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:08

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:
FullofSprite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

It's a court hearing to see if the club is put into Administration- not an automatic confirmation of it. The Court might decide not to do so if there are grounds for suggesting that a solution might be found.
Administration does not mean automatic liquidation -assets will be sold to meet creditors demands  - but with sales of Clough,Davies, some offices ,the hotel ,perhaps Euxton etc.- funds might just be made available to meet preferred creditors.

Many companies have gone into  administration - and survived , trading through the problems and coming out of Admin,leaner and healthier.
With us it'll be League 1- but I can see a bright side to that- it might mean that we win some football games, and that's  what being a football club is all about.
Don't get too pessimistic- we can still survive this mess as a football club, and start the long slog back to being buoyant ,but at a lower level than we were a few years ago.
That would suit me fine!!
No we will be relegated into league 2. We won't have funds to get players needed to win matches and can't see present squad winning matches in league 1.

We need to raise £15 million to survive season and I can't see us doing that, even with player sales. It will be a tight squeeze with car park, hotel and offices.

Then we still don't have an owner and therefore no transfer funds, and still can't afford to sack the manager who has lost the dressing room. So right now just can't see a way ahead.

114Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We simply have to rid of the high earners. Mark Davies pulls in over £1million a season! And there are others who are on more.

115Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Bolton takeover update. Better news is that sale of offices seems to have got rid of Nucleus loan. Makes sale easier. If anyone has money.

They dont.

116Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

They dont.

Getting sick of your two or three word posts. You're better than that.

If you keep this up you should hand back your 'Bolton Banter Funniest Poster 2010' trophy.

117Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

They dont.

Getting sick of your two or three word posts. You're better than that.

If you keep this up you should hand back your 'Bolton Banter Funniest Poster 2010' trophy.

Nat some of us have lives, I'm not one of them. 

sometimes I only need two or three words to get to the heart of the matter.

118Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Nat some of us have lives, I'm not one of them. 

sometimes I only need two or three words to get to the heart of the matter.

Short answers make you appear cynical. We both know that's not you.

119Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 21:35

Pretty grim reading. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

120Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Sat Jan 09 2016, 21:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a surprise, the only person interested in us is a criminal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum