Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 20:12

Put them under pressure to get a move on / find out if they are serious I guess.

82Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 20:40

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:"Bolton. New bidder been told to show the money in next 24 hours. Cutting it fine. Critical stage."

"Bolton bidder. Money coming from abroad. But people involved closer to home. And have Prem experience. Leaving it late all the same."
Still 10 to go. These things always left until last minute. Probably entered critical period where serious bidders may come in. Also they may feel ED will weaken in his stance now that time is running out

83Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 20:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't believe a word of that.

84Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 20:55

Bit out of left field this one but bear with me.

Does anybody know (yeah, Rammy - lookin' squarely in your direction) if ED's hand can be legally forced by HMRC at the hearing to force him to accept a "reasonable" bid for the business?

I've just been reading a few historical articles on various clubs' sites about when they went into administration and there's obviously a lot of conflicting stuff being said but one idea stuck out.

Somebody on a Plymouth forum, when talking about Ridsdale (his name crops up in relation to quite a few clubs actually) playing brinksmanship with potential suitors and being told by the administrator to stop fucking about and accept a bid.

The logic being that he had a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of the business and its creditors.

Could HMRC do this before they actually enforce administration?

Cheers in advance.

Confused of Worsley.

85Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What offer though?

86Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a minefield,but I found this pretty interesting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

87Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:21

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What offer though?

I've got one eye on the ST clowns because I've got a nasty feeling there may be someone unpleasant lurking in the shadows behind them, waiting to pounce.

I obviously wasn't referring to all the Sports Shield / Mystery Thais / Hilary Devey bollocks.

88Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:22

boltonbonce wrote:This is a minefield,but I found this pretty interesting.

Bloody hell......got a headache now.

I'll read it again in the morning.  Very Happy

89Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very wise. Very Happy

90Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 21:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't believe a word of that.

Ok I'll believe you instead.

91Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:03

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:

I've got one eye on the ST clowns because I've got a nasty feeling there may be someone unpleasant lurking in the shadows behind them, waiting to pounce.

I obviously wasn't referring to all the Sports Shield / Mystery Thais / Hilary Devey bollocks.
There's this take it or leave it offer from the Korean banker that ED has 24 hours to decide on. Think Birch has the right to say that's the best offer you'll get sunshine take it or I admin you

92Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:15

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:This is a minefield,but I found this pretty interesting.

Bloody hell......got a headache now.

I'll read it again in the morning.  Very Happy
The Gretna FC on looks very similar to BWFC. Lots of rumours about interested parties but nothing comes of it and the club got liquidated.

Supporters club may be able to raise £150,000 or so to buy "history and business" and create BWFC 2016 or maybe BW2016FC Shocked

93Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FullofSprite wrote:
Breadman wrote:

There's this take it or leave it offer from the Korean banker that ED has 24 hours to decide on. Think Birch has the right to say that's the best offer you'll get sunshine take it or I admin you
On the off-chance that this is a successful bid, what has CYL done lately for Crystal Palace?  We sure miss his non-injured self at Bolton!

94Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Don't believe a word of that.

Ok I'll believe you instead.

Just don't believe anyone is interested. Personal opinion only.

95Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
Breadman wrote:

There's this take it or leave it offer from the Korean banker that ED has 24 hours to decide on. Think Birch has the right to say that's the best offer
you'll get sunshine take it or I admin you

Ah yes the Imaginary Korean banker. Forgot about him.

96Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a Korean bank not a Korean banker

97Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Thu Jan 07 2016, 22:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

riiiight. Ok.

98Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 00:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Bit out of left field this one but bear with me.

Does anybody know (yeah, Rammy - lookin' squarely in your direction) if ED's hand can be legally forced by HMRC at the hearing to force him to accept a "reasonable" bid for the business?

I've just been reading a few historical articles on various clubs' sites about when they went into administration and there's obviously a lot of conflicting stuff being said but one idea stuck out.

Somebody on a Plymouth forum, when talking about Ridsdale (his name crops up in relation to quite a few clubs actually) playing brinksmanship with potential suitors and being told by the administrator to stop fucking about and accept a bid.

The logic being that he had a legal responsibility to act in the best interests of the business and its creditors.

Could HMRC do this before they actually enforce administration?

Cheers in advance.

Confused of Worsley.
Essentially no. HMRC are listed as a pre -preferential creditor and can do nothing until the court hearing places the club in administration. Then they will take their place in the queue with the other creditors. They can bring pressure to bear ,but the reality is that they cannot legally force Eddys hand. Just because they're HMRC doesn't give them any specific rights  beyond demanding to be paid after the club has been put in administration and assets are sold to satisfy creditors demands.

99Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 07:48

Cheers Rammy.

I knew you'd know.

100Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Fri Jan 08 2016, 08:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Cheers Rammy.

I knew you'd know.

My pleasure Bredders. I'm watching the ST developments as well to see what the outcome of that might be once the turmoil has died down a little.
Lets see if the Koreans can come up with the folding stuff. I don't think the ST would have the potential to do much in a business of this size. Despite us being on the rocks it's still a multi million pound business and needs ownership and management that reflects that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum