Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Crisis - UPDATE

+17
FullofSprite
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
observer
terenceanne
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:But that would involve my getting off my arse, leaving the comfort of my armchair and actually doing something and we both know that's not my M.O.

No chance.

Fair point. But if you're not going neither am I. I'll stay in and talk bollocks on a forum. That's my M.O. I'm sure you'll agree.

42Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nice to see you two playing nice for a change  Very Happy

43Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 15:55

wanderlust wrote:How is the proposed ST relevant to the takeover v administration saga?

Are they bringing money to the table?

Perhaps we could simply declare Bolton Nuts as the BWFC Supporters Trust?

As I read it the Supporters Trust was more giving the fans a place at the table to open the club up a bit more? Not sure there's much chance of serious investment given the numbers being banded about.

The amount of information trickling out of the club has been far too low for too long, if the ST can get in and deliver a bit more transparency to the fans then that's only a positive thing IMO.

44Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:07

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:nice to see you two playing nice for a change  Very Happy

Your Irony filter switched to off, Norpig?  Twisted Evil

45Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:
Norpig wrote:nice to see you two playing nice for a change  Very Happy

Your Irony filter switched to off, Norpig?  Twisted Evil
 thats as nice as Breaders and Nat are going to be to each other, it's a giant leap forward if you ask me

46Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:How is the proposed ST relevant to the takeover v administration saga?

Are they bringing money to the table?

Perhaps we could simply declare Bolton Nuts as the BWFC Supporters Trust?

As I read it the Supporters Trust was more giving the fans a place at the table to open the club up a bit more? Not sure there's much chance of serious investment given the numbers being banded about.

The amount of information trickling out of the club has been far too low for too long, if the ST can get in and deliver a bit more transparency to the fans then that's only a positive thing IMO.

I think they have their eyes set a great deal higher than just a voice on the board!

(A Supporters) Trust can own shares or property, it can ultimately own the club, and at the very least, own a shareholding.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note - The key speaker tomorrow is the Portsmouth Chairman who runs the club on behalf of their ST which fully owns the club!

47Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 16:27

Having that ambition is fine, but to get a shareholding and sit on the board is a far more realistic aim at this point, and as such will provide an insight into the inner dealings of the club. 

Granted I don't have the personal experience of these people as others seem to, but I don't see the issue with the above. Greater fan input into the club is exactly what most football fans call for in the UK, it's more common in Europe.

48Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Tue Jan 05 2016, 21:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the answer to my question is that some posters think the ST has ambitions to own the club but it doesn't have any money?

I'd have thought (like '74) that their primary objective would be to improve communications between the club and the fans. I'm not sure the situation that arose at Portsmouth is the same as our situation apart from the obvious debt so I wouldn't read too much into the choice of key speaker. 

Plus ownership is a financial game and if the ST doesn't have the stake they can't play.

49Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:So the answer to my question is that some posters think the ST has ambitions to own the club but it doesn't have any money?

I'd have thought (like '74) that their primary objective would be to improve communications between the club and the fans. I'm not sure the situation that arose at Portsmouth is the same as our situation apart from the obvious debt so I wouldn't read too much into the choice of key speaker. 

Plus ownership is a financial game and if the ST doesn't have the stake they can't play.
lusty, they haven't even opened a real line of communication between themselves and the rest of the fans let alone the club and fans. I'm afraid this is looking more and more like a self serving exercise from a group that knows it can't deliver anything substantive but wants to be seen to have "done something". 

Their methods are at best amateurish and at worst they are deliberately being obscure about such basics as who they are because they know if we knew that we'd be aware of the fact they are wasting our time by trying to make promises we know they can't keep. I woudn't be surprised to find out the ST is actually made up of Gartside, Megson, Freedman and Nixon. Lots of hot air and zero delivery is after all their well known style. Wink

50Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:12

Pete, the first meeting is tomorrow tickets are free and it's over subscribed, it's also being live streamed. How would you prefer them to have arranged the first meeting? What's amateurish about that? Why does it matter that the organisers have so far stayed anonymous? See what they have to say tomorrow then we can all make a fair judgement.

51Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Pete, the first meeting is tomorrow tickets are free and it's over subscribed, it's also being live streamed. How would you prefer them to have arranged the first meeting? What's amateurish about that? Why does it matter that the organisers have so far stayed anonymous? See what they have to say tomorrow then we can all make a fair judgement.

It's not being streamed anymore.  Kane advised us today on the news thread, which is disappointing as you would have thought it'd be easy to do.  I do hope some fans are going from Nuts who can gibe their own account of the evening.

52Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It is, sort of anyway.

You must not have seen yet this recent post over on the 'bwst' thread -

bwfcst wrote:For those who cannot get to the Macron tomorrow we are investigating streaming the meeting using Periscope. This means the video will be available live on your smartphone.
If you want to stream the meeting via Periscope you MUST be following the BWFCST Twitter account & have the Periscope app installed on your phone

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

53Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Pete, the first meeting is tomorrow tickets are free and it's over subscribed, it's also being live streamed. How would you prefer them to have arranged the first meeting? What's amateurish about that? Why does it matter that the organisers have so far stayed anonymous? See what they have to say tomorrow then we can all make a fair judgement.
1874 they have been in existence for more than two months yet refused to even tell us their names while asking for our support. Then when pressed about why they hadn't kept a promise to keep internet forums informed kane replied "I have more important things to do than update a forum". 

Basically they have yet to keep any of the promises they themselves publicly made in the media and have dodged even the simple question "Who are you" since mid-november or so. That's amateurish or shady, take your pick.

54Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just a thought but would it be possible in anyway to stream this on the Radio Nuts link?

Maybe we can host it so everyone can see a video of what is happening live?

Karly/BTID do you think you could work your magic?

If you can we could then throw it open for the bwst to tell everybody that a stream of the meeting is available for everyone throughout the world!

55Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
1874 they have been in existence for more than two months yet refused to even tell us their names while asking for our support. Then when pressed about why they hadn't kept a promise to keep internet forums informed kane replied "I have more important things to do than update a forum". 

Basically they have yet to keep any of the promises they themselves publicly made in the media and have dodged even the simple question "Who are you" since mid-november or so. That's amateurish or shady, take your pick.

Peter I agree with you mate but we have to move on.

A meeting is taking place tomorrow, people will be there and many others who aren't want to know what is happening as it happens - hence Iles live blog, the periscope thingy and hopefully Radio Nuts running a live video.

I have my reservations about certain people but the general mood is that it seems like a good idea, it is the only glimpse of something good that might be happening to us in months and we've really got nothing much to lose to see where it takes us and how far it goes.

If nothing else we should show respect to people like the Portsmouth lads and Trevor Birch who wouldn't be giving of their time if they thought it was going to be some sort of a pantomime.

Fair play for their efforts - least we can do is listen to what is being said.

56Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 00:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would require someone to film it (a mobile device would be fine) and connect to the club/media outlets internet for a reliable stream to the Internet.

57Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 01:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It would require someone to film it (a mobile device would be fine) and connect to the club/media outlets internet for a reliable stream to the Internet.

I assumed something like that is what they are doing anyway - but sending it to smart phones rather than the internet.

I was more thinking would it be possible to connect somehow Karly's or your smart phone to Radio Nuts so the rest of the world can see it to?

I don't even know if what I'm asking is even possible but it would be great if you or Karly could manage it somehow please.

58Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 01:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're not streaming it so it wouldn't be possible unless a Nutter did the stream...

59Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 01:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:They're not streaming it so it wouldn't be possible unless a Nutter did the stream...

I'm getting confused.

Have you read post 52 above?

Does this not mean they ARE streaming the meeting (or intend to do so)?

If so all we need to do (if it is possible) is to plug the stream into Radio Nuts and stream the video worldwide isn't it?

60Bolton Crisis - UPDATE - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Crisis - UPDATE Wed Jan 06 2016, 08:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Peter I agree with you mate but we have to move on.

A meeting is taking place tomorrow, people will be there and many others who aren't want to know what is happening as it happens - hence Iles live blog, the periscope thingy and hopefully Radio Nuts running a live video.

I have my reservations about certain people but the general mood is that it seems like a good idea, it is the only glimpse of something good that might be happening to us in months and we've really got nothing much to lose to see where it takes us and how far it goes.

If nothing else we should show respect to people like the Portsmouth lads and Trevor Birch who wouldn't be giving of their time if they thought it was going to be some sort of a pantomime.

Fair play for their efforts - least we can do is listen to what is being said.

Alright. I'll reserve judgement. For now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum