Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield ready to walk away from Wanderers takeover talks/ ST bid to buy club

+14
scottjames30
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
FullofSprite
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
You know how you hate when people highlight certain words/sentences?

Yes I do.

Aye, Me as well.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Yes I do.

We all know who Roy walker is

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Yes I do.

We all know who Roy walker is

And now you get to look at his face, what's the issue?

bwfc1874 wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Say what you see.

Will you lot fuck off with this!

I keep thinking it's an update on why Holdsworth isn't buying Bolton but then I check and it's not.

Breadman wrote:According to Iles, Sport's Shield's bid is "in limbo".

He's also given a bit of insight: Joint venture between SS and "Indian businessmen" with "big plans".

But then he says this: "but there are reservations about mortgaging on assets & interest."

I can't work out who's got the reservations, them or ED, because it's in a tweet so there's no context and he doesn't go on to explain who he means.

But he did go on to say that "someone else is coming up on the rails rather blumming quickly"

Wonder which bunch of feckless Bolton-based, self-promoting twats that is then....?

Load of bollocks.....

I'd love to know how many people are chipping in for Holdsworth's bid by now, no wonder Birch/Ed aren't keen to sell to SS, that many investors could be chaos.

Breadman wrote:Will you lot fuck off with this!

I keep thinking it's an update on why Holdsworth isn't buying Bolton but then I check and it's not.
Ok.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

178-6

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Picture of a panda

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Haddock Goujons.

Have we been taken over yet?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure you know the answer to that one Barb! Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: if the ST becomes the, or part, partner, will its liabilities fall on the supporters who have joined them , i.e. if the trust is suddenly required to find (for talking's sake), £1m, can they hold the supporters, legally, to payments ? If not, how are they going to find the cash they might need, whether at short notice, or otherwise.?

The Trust hasn't been incorporated as yet as far as I understand, so it isn't a legal entity i.e. it doesn't exist.
The type of organisation it registers as will determine responsibility. However in most business models it's unlikely that members would be responsible.
We can assume they will register as a Trust (rather than say a co-operative or LLP or other) in which case a corporate entity (several options) or individual (the Trustees) will be given the responsibility to manage the assets on behalf of the Trust members and they will be responsible, usually jointly and severally but it really does depend on the model they opt for.

I would point that Trusts usually have an offshore element to maximise tax efficiency when transferring funds.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The trust would be well advised to register as a CIC (a Community Interest Company) to limit liability to members. However, with that, there are also limitations on any monies invested having community benefit, running at a break even, and if any assets are sold the money needs to be re invested rather than taken out by any individual(s). So perhaps they may not go that way.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:The trust would be well advised to register as a CIC (a Community Interest Company) to limit liability to members. However, with that, there are also limitations on any monies invested having community benefit, running at a break even, and if any assets are sold the money needs to be re invested rather than taken out by any individual(s). So perhaps they may not go that way.
Or a CLG perhaps.

Hurst said in the radio interview that he sees the way forward as being run the club as a small business whose targets are to break even or generate a "marginal profit".

All very laudable and sensible.

But how do we pay David Wheater and his mates twenty grand a week until they're gone with that model and our limited revenue streams?

And who is going to play for BWFC for £500 a week next season?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How any fan can really see this as a way forward for us to compete at any other level than league two and below is beyond me.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:How any fan can really see this as a way forward for us to compete at any other level than league two and below is beyond me.
Completely agree. And if they came out and said that, there would be those who would back it, but a lot who wouldn't, so it will be very interesting to see the "business plan" when it is published. I would hope any plan worth its salt would cover finances and other elements such as where we would train, play, what league level they think is sustainable, etc etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum