Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Broadcorping Castration

+10
Sluffy
wanderlust
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
gloswhite
Angry Dad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 20]

261British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 09:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Talking Balls, it was the mate of another Ball that funded the building of the Reebok Stadium, according to the Beeno's Chief Balls Reporter. 

This thread's now had more than 2,600 views. Not bad for summat nobody's interested in!

262British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 12:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I've always been a big fan of Hylda. Didn't have many friends in the business mind, and was intensely disliked. 
Jean Fergusson, who played Marina in Summer Wine, played her in an excellent one woman show, and produced a half decent book about her.
I'd heard she could be difficult but it wasn't something I personally experienced. Never seemed to be  much banter with her on the golf course though. She seemed to take her golf seriously but I don't remember her being very good at it.

Jean Fergusson's book is out of print, of course, and second-hand copies seem quite pricey.

263British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 13:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got the book. If I could only remember where. Would have loved to have seen her playing golf.

264British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've got the book. If I could only remember where. Would have loved to have seen her playing golf.
 Mrs Bonce chucked it away years ago but you haven't noticed yet i bet  Very Happy

265British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
 Mrs Bonce chucked it away years ago but you haven't noticed yet i bet  Very Happy
That would not be tolerated. I wear the trousers. I run a tight ship, not a shite tip. Very Happy

266British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:
That would not be tolerated. I wear the trousers. I run a tight ship, not a shite tip. Very Happy
lol!

267British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 14:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I prefer her Dad.
Pervert.

268British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 14:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
And you can say that without fear of contraception?

269British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
And you can say that without fear of contraception?
Have you been? Very Happy

270British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:17

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Have you been? Very Happy
Laughing

271British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was watching Hylda in Not On Your Nellie a few days ago, and to be honest, it just wouldn't get made now. It's far from PC. Jimmy Jewel wasn't a fan.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/comedy_chronicles/strained-relationships-hylda-baker-and-jimmy-jewel/

272British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I was watching Hylda in Not On Your Nellie a few days ago, and to be honest, it just wouldn't get made now. It's far from PC. Jimmy Jewel wasn't a fan.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/comedy_chronicles/strained-relationships-hylda-baker-and-jimmy-jewel/
Thanks for that, Boncey. An interesting read.
Soon be 2,700 views of stuff nobody's interested in.

273British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're one of the few people on here with the courage to click on one of my links ,Bob. Very Happy

274British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You're one of the few people on here with the courage to click on one of my links ,Bob. Very Happy
Or the desire Smile

275British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I remember back in the 60's my father telling me that Hilda often had lunch in the restaurant at the Capital cinema in Churchgate.  He mentioned that she was usually accompanied by a monkey. I was never sure if he was joking, obviously not.

I seem to remember that she lived in Plodder Lane at one time too.

I live close to a house that Jimmy Clitheroe lived in, but that's another story.

276British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 16:35

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:I remember back in the 60's my father telling me that Hilda often had lunch in the restaurant at the Capital cinema in Churchgate.  He mentioned that she was usually accompanied by a monkey. I was never sure if he was joking, obviously not.

I seem to remember that she lived in Plodder Lane at one time too.

I live close to a house that Jimmy Clitheroe lived in, but that's another story.
She may have done but my recollection is that she lived on Manchester Road on or near its junction with Green Lane. Great Lever and Farnworth Golf Club crossed Plodder Lane after the first five holes on the Great Lever side iirc. The clubhouse was on Lever Edge Lane in those days.

277British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Matthew Kelly work with her at some point in his career, playing the very tall girl in the 'she knows you know' sketch?

278British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't Matthew Kelly work with her at some point in his career, playing the very tall girl in the 'she knows you know' sketch?
YES.

279British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 07:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The dirty deed has been done. I've sent 'em a cheque.

Not giving 'em access to my bank account though and I'd rather not be gnashing my teeth every month when a DD goes through. Bad enough having to put up with Lineker every week or it would be if I could bear to watch MOTD with the smug git on it. No wonder he's smug with a new five-year contract at £1.35m p.a. plus all the other bits. Walkers crisps? No gracias.

Summat's going to have to change. 894,000 TV licence cancellations so far, allegedly.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/bbc-licence-fee-cancelled-revealed/

280British Broadcorping Castration - Page 14 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 09:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not keen on the BBC, Bob, but you take news from a UKIP propaganda site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum