Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm With Alan Brazil

+10
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Keegan
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 20:29

Jesus, RT!

Where did that come from....?  Shocked

62I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems Robin Williams had Parkinson's, so I fully support his choice now.

63I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 20:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why?

64I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 20:58

Just seems uncharacteristically blunt and borderline rude compared to your usual commenting style, mate.

Shit hotel, is it?

65I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 21:13

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not quite the answer I was looking for, RT, but I do take your point. Fashions come and go, but sitting on a rock on a beach demands something akin to budgie smugglers if your aim is to get brown legs that don't look ridiculous in the bedroom. I do think that pasty white thighs contrasted with  brown calves, ankles and feet is a look guaranteed to cause sniggering....not the best aphrodisiac.  I can cope with sniggering on the beach from people I don't know. Have to say that Bermuda Shorts are really not very flattering at all.

66I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 21:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whereas you, RT, look the height of chic sophistication and allure in your avatar......

67I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just a dedicated follower of fashion. Please forgive me for my faux pas but I keep seeing this advert on TV for short shorts and I wasn't sure if you were an avid fan.  :soz: 

Breaders my query was addressed to Natasha.

68I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 22:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Why?

I have no problem with people topping themselves who have incurable diseases, I understand why they wouldn't want to go through the pain.

I have a problem with people who top themselves because of love, sex or money.

69I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 23:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough. The most famous man in the world has had Parkinsons for years but hasn't taken his own life. I don't think that you can quantify suicide simply by a particular medical condition that somebody is afflicted with, but that is just my opinion.

If I was diagnosed with OldTimers disease then I would much prefer to check out early at a date of my own choosing rather than be a burden on my family. My Grandfather had dementia in his late eighties and our family were all strangers to him. He didn't know his arse from his elbow but before he was afflicted he was a proud man who would not have wanted to be remembered as a helpless vegetable who couldn't look after himself.

Most people would rather their kith and kin remember them for the good times rather than a shell of their former selves.

70I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Thu 14 Aug - 23:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I have a problem with people who top themselves because of love, sex or money.

This is where you continue to make an anus of yourself on this subject.

There doesn't need to be a problem in a person's love life, sex life, finances, you name it, for them to suffer from depression.

You can "have it all" and still be struck by depression.

I get why that would go right over your head, as you've clearly never experienced it for yourself. I know you'll probably come out with some bollocks about feeling like shit when you had your minge burnt off but it's just not the same.

I know a person who once thought like you, and has spent years popping various anti-depressant and tranquillizers. Just be prepared for the day you look back on these rants and realise you were talking about something you knew sod all about.

71I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 9:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
This is where you continue to make an anus of yourself on this subject.

There doesn't need to be a problem in a person's love life, sex life, finances, you name it, for them to suffer from depression.

You can "have it all" and still be struck by depression.

I get why that would go right over your head, as you've clearly never experienced it for yourself. I know you'll probably come out with some bollocks about feeling like shit when you had your minge burnt off but it's just not the same.

I know a person who once thought like you, and has spent years popping various anti-depressant and tranquillizers. Just be prepared for the day you look back on these rants and realise you were talking about something you knew sod all about.

I've made a career out of talking about stuff I know sod all about. But I still know more than you.

How do you know why people commit suicide? From what I've read the vast majority top themselves for either financial reasons or because they got dumped. As I've said, I have no problem with people topping themselves, just the mess they leave around for their family.

Can you honestly say, hand on heart, hanging yourself in your own home when there is a chance your kids will find you swinging from the rafters is something we should have sympathy for?

72I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 10:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shrien Dewani has today been told by a South African panel of psychiatric experts that he must stand trial for the murder of his wife, 28-year-old Anni.

Experts said Dewani, 34, had no actual symptoms that would prevent him from standing trial, dismissing the notion that he was suffering from depression, a disease that is not officially recognised in South Africa.

73I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 11:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bereavement can cause depression!!

74I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Bereavement can cause depression!!

Even if he killed her himself?

75I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 11:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm talking about the death of a husband and the wife having depression. Hope that's clear enough?

76I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm talking about the death of a husband and the wife having depression. Hope that's clear enough?

It's called grief, not depression.

77I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 12:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll look forward to your journal on the nuanced relationship between grief, depression and post traumatic stress Nat. I assume one is forthcoming. 

because I know you're not trolling this subject intentionally for the 15th time in the last 2 years.

78I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 12:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Grief and post traumatic stress exist.

And I don't doubt being extremely unhappy or pissed off exists (most Bolton fans show symptoms at some point) but to call it a "disease" and waste billions of taxpayer money on it is wrong.

79I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 12:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good point I'll take your word for it over the doctors and scientists who study patients day in day out for the their whole lives.

80I'm With Alan Brazil - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm With Alan Brazil Fri 15 Aug - 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good point I'll take your word for it over the doctors and scientists who study patients day in day out for the their whole lives.

So I'll ask you the question Breadman chickened out of answering - how can a doctor diagnose "depression" in a 15 minute appointment?

Does he have a scale of how pissed off a person is?

Bit unhappy: Dougie Freedman becomes manager
Unhappy: Bolton sign Darren Pratley
Very unhappy: Bolton get stuffed at Watford
Suicidal: Freedman gets new 10 year contract

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum