Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Years attacks in Germany

+10
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
xmiles
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 10:18

Have you got room at Whittam Towers (is WT the name of your swanky apartment or is that the name of your corporate HQ, I can never remember) for a couple of good, honest, white, British homeless people then?

I'm sure there must be a few sleeping rough in the Fishergate.

62New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 10:22

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:The strain on infrastructure is a valid point, however there is absolutely no doubt at all that we can cope by taking in more than we have currently committed to. If we can afford to spend half a million per bombing mission in Syria at the blink of an eye then we can afford to support more of the refugees we're now helping create. 

The Tories narrative that this country is totally broke is rubbish, used as an excuse to shrink the state under the guise of austerity. We can afford to support our schools, hospitals and other public services far more than we currently are.

So when are you taking in a family?
This is a stupid argument to make. Just because you believe the country should take more people doesn't mean you should take them into your own house. 

If someone said, "i think we should go and bomb an Islamic country",  would you be constantly asking them when they are going to go and bomb someone personally? 

If you said, "this country should do more to help our homeless people instead of helping those from other countries", would i the have a right to keep asking you when you are going to take one of the homeless people into your penthouse to live with you? 

If you don't agree then put out some facts to dispute it, instead of keep repeating pointless rubbish like a child.

63New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:The strain on infrastructure is a valid point, however there is absolutely no doubt at all that we can cope by taking in more than we have currently committed to. If we can afford to spend half a million per bombing mission in Syria at the blink of an eye then we can afford to support more of the refugees we're now helping create. 

Yes it's nice to be nice but exactly how many refugees do you think we can take?

64New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:We might be the 7th richest country in the world but that wealth is actually shared by less than 5% of the current population of the UK. And you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be that 5% that will be expected to take the burden of the ubiquitous immigration problem.

So true! The people who can most afford to help will do absolutely nothing. Never underestimate the selfishness of the very rich. With very few exceptions they only care about themselves and spending money on themselves - although of course they do give money to the Conservatives.

65New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:12

xmiles wrote:

Yes it's nice to be nice but exactly how many refugees do you think we can take?

I've no idea, certainly not on the scale Germany has. But 20,000 in 5 years is absolutely pathetic when you consider how many people have already been displaced. That is absolutely undeniable.

There are plenty of posters on here who talk up Britain as a big world player when it suits them, we have to stand with our allies when it comes to bombing Syria or having a nuclear deterrent. But when it comes to supporting our allies in dealing with a humanitarian crisis suddenly we're shirking all responsibility, nothing to do with us etc etc.

66New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do have a responsibility to genuinely displaced innocent people considering we are most likely the reason they are displaced.

67New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We might be the 7th richest country in the world but that wealth is actually shared by less than 5% of the current population of the UK. And you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be that 5% that will be expected to take the burden of the ubiquitous immigration problem.

As SK says, Charity begins at home.

If charity begins at home and the vast majority of wealth is held by 5% of the population perhaps the place to start is a bit of Marxist redistribution of wealth? Then 95% of the people would be better off and more able to spare a crumb of charity to the homeless and stateless.

Arise brothers!

68New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 13:08

I can play the Internationale on a comb and paper.

Am I in?

69New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 13:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I can play the Internationale on a comb and paper.

Am I in?

"From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs"

Welcome comrade.

70New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:If that's the best argument you can come up with then you're proving my point really.

When are you going to fight in Syria?
When are you going to start culling fat people?
When are you going to start supporting another club?

You keep shouting that "we" should take more refugees in, but what you really mean is you think we should take more of them in providing you don't have to do anything.

I don't even get your other points. Why would I fight in Syria?

71New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 17:11

You kept saying we should bomb Syria to fight ISIS, so what you really mean is we should bomb Syria providing you don't have to do anything?

72New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You kept saying we should bomb Syria to fight ISIS, so what you really mean is we should bomb Syria providing you don't have to do anything?

I'm pretty sure civilians can't just pitch up at a UK army base and demand to take control of the drones, planes and bombs.

Whereas anyone can take in a refugee or two.

Try again.

73New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm definitely against taking in ANY refugees if these are the type of low life scumbags that are filtering through.

74New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 18:11

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:You kept saying we should bomb Syria to fight ISIS, so what you really mean is we should bomb Syria providing you don't have to do anything?

I'm pretty sure civilians can't just pitch up at a UK army base and demand to take control of the drones, planes and bombs.

Whereas anyone can take in a refugee or two.

Try again.

Really no need for me to try again, I'm waiting for you to come up with a serious reason why we shouldn't take more than 20,000 refugees.

You want to bomb these countries you should deal with the consequences.

75New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 18:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Really no need for me to try again, I'm waiting for you to come up with a serious reason why we shouldn't take more than 20,000 refugees.

You want to bomb these countries you should deal with the consequences.

Because a higher than normal percentage will be bad people. I might meet one. What if they kill me?

I want to bomb terrorists, not civilians.

76New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Wed Jan 13 2016, 19:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about just don't take any, we're not a charity.

77New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Thu Jan 14 2016, 10:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

78New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Thu Jan 14 2016, 11:05

Come on, Hipster - you're better than that, surely?

79New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Thu Jan 14 2016, 12:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've lost me? Just saw it on Twitter not sure of the backstory.

80New Years attacks in Germany  - Page 4 Empty Re: New Years attacks in Germany Thu Jan 14 2016, 12:45

If, after watching that, you didn't immediately smell a rat and think "It must have been warm in Cologne on New Year's Eve because they're all in short sleeves. And why's that No Smoking sign in English?", there's no hope for you.

You know as well as I do that it's historical footage of an incident which occurred in Egypt three years ago.

And giving it fresh airtime and pretending it's got anything to do with what's just happened in Germany helps nobody.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum