Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to Swansea? - LATEST - Now £6 million bid rejected!!!

+18
Born to be a wanderer
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
largehat
Whatsupdoc
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Sluffy
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well, Cisse, the triallist, isn't playing today, either in the starting 11 or as one of the 10 subs. I wonder if his trial has ended?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Came on in the second half despite not being in the original named squad.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
With Joe Allen being heavily linked with a move to Liverpool, to link up with former boss Brendan Rodgers, the Swans could soon find themselves short in the middle of the park.

They have moved to ensure that does not happen by enquiring as to Davies' availability.

Todays news -

Liverpool and Swansea have opened negotiations over a deal for midfielder Joe Allen, 22, but the Anfield club's opening bid has been rejected.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers offered around £10m plus Jonjo Shelvey on loan, but that deal has been turned down by Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins.

Swansea value Allen at £15m and should Liverpool offer that they would trigger a release clause in his contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have rejected a £4million-plus bid from Swansea City for midfielder Mark Davies.

The Welsh club have targeted the 24-year-old as a replacement for Liverpool-bound Joe Allen but have been knocked back with their first attempt.

It is understood that the Whites will hold out for around £8m for the skilful playmaker, who is contracted to the club until 2015.

Davies played for the Whites against Tranmere Rovers last night, enjoying his best performance since returning for pre-season training last month.

But with upwards of £12million burning a hole in his pocket with the prospective Allen sale, Swans boss Michael Laudrup is likely to try again for the former Wolves man – who is also thought to have sell-on fees to his former club in his contract.

Davies arrived at the Reebok in 2009 for £1million up front but has gradually evolved into one of the key components of Owen Coyle's midfield, making more than 40 appearances last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We should apply the same logic that Newcastle applied to Liverpool when Chelsea paid them 50 million for Torres and they came in for Carroll.

I actually think Mark Davies is better than Joe Allen. Swansea can fuck off if they think they can replace Allen with Davies and make a massive profit.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We should keep him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£4m!!! I'll start the car!

Why? Why? Why? He's useless.

We must accept this offer, we MUST!!!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:£4m!!! I'll start the car!

Why? Why? Why? He's useless.

We must accept this offer, we MUST!!!

This could be his season Very Happy why accept 4 if we could get 8 or maybe more...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Whatsupdoc wrote:Ok, so one player that turns up in one in 10 games gets sold, and we gain 2 players are hungry to impress, wheres the contest.

Where do you want me to begin?

You have no idea if these two players are any good.

Even if they are good, they perform a completely different role to a player like Mark Davies. Therefore, neither of them is a replacement for Mark Davies.

We want to be back in the Premier League, we're all agreed on that. If we achieve this, Mark Davies is one of the few players on our books who has genuine class. Do I think we have got the best out of him yet? No. Do I think he is improving as a footballer? Yes. Does he only "turn up once every ten games?" - no - don't be obtuse. He was our best outfield player for large parts of last season and is the best passer of a ball at the football club. He's also one of the few players who can beat an opponent.

Are either of Sanchez and Cisse of an age where they are going to improve? Probably not.

Foreign mid-20s holding midfielders are ten a penny. Young, technical English players are not. We've just signed Andrews on a free, and there are two more such players, one on trial and the other reportedly keen to sign. What does this tell you about supply and demand?

If the club has any ambition to gain promotion it has to resist bids for Mark Davies. If the player comes out and says he wants to leave, that's a different story.

What does "hungry to impress" mean? What, like Darren Pratley was last season? He was definitely hungry to impress. It's a total intangible. It doesn't tell us anything about whether they are good players. Of course Cisse is hungry to impress, we're bigger than any of his previous clubs. Of course Sanchez is hungry to impress, we're bigger than any of his previous clubs too. This tells me that they are Championship players like Pratley. I could be wrong and one or both could be an sbsolute revelation - but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Mark Davies is one of the few genuine PL players left at the club, I can't believe you would be so blase about letting him go just because we've got a couple of Bosmans sniffing around.

Remember the date... Im with largehat on this totaly...

The issue I have with it all is that the player will now be unsettled, and gartside will see $$$ ...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

quote from the BEN article...

It is understood that the Whites will hold out for around £8m for the
skilful playmaker, who is contracted to the club until 2015.

well... that's a change, I thought our PR guys (who have obviously told the BEN this) would give it the old ''fuck off hes our player and he is going to help us get back to the prem, he is NOT for sale'' ...

oh...hang on, it IS the same old same old shit. we have basically quoted our asking price for him.

gartside you fucking gobshite!

just admit it, the thought of all those $$$ in the kitty (and the considerable chunk of it in your 'bonus) is giving you a semi...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

this also made me laugh...

But the Whites boss insists the finances are in place to sign a suitable replacement if one comes along on a permanent basis.

lol!

really? where the fuck are they then? you wanted the player, I dont believe for one second that anybody would DOUBLE their wage demands - that's just ludicrous... no, you were just being tight... again.

if you had the finance in place... he would be trying on our shirt now.

no fucking ambition or driving force at all in the higher echelons of our clubs management.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just typical of BWFC. The one time we get a decent offer for a shit player they turn it down!

The people who are defending Mark Davies are dreaming. His whole Bolton career has been in fits and starts. One decent game followed by nine awful ones. Much of last season I didn't know if he was actually on the pitch. Just because we've dropped down a division doesn't automatically mean he'll come good.

If the club turn this down they are crazy. By the end of September he'll be on the bench anyway and we'll struggle to get £1m for him in January.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Laudrup or Natasha Whittam.

Hmm... I think I'll go with Michael Laudrup's judgement call on this one.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why overpay?

If you went to a car lot and a guy said, "look mate 1994 Nissan Micra, bit of rust, basically a load of shite"

"oh ok, urm i'll give you 70 grand for it, cos i think that guy over there is eying it up"

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

And yet people want us, every year, to overpay for mediocre or unproven talent.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why overpay?

If you went to a car lot and a guy said, "look mate 1994 Nissan Micra, bit of rust, basically a load of shite"

"oh ok, urm i'll give you 70 grand for it, cos i think that guy over there is eying it up"

Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

And yet people want us, every year, to overpay for mediocre or unproven talent.

so basically... your happy it fell through becasue you KNOW (i.e. - assuming) he is shit?

coyle (who you stick by) obviously thought otherwise...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i don't know, he might be the next Viera. But the chances are slim considering he's 26 and is playing in France, and the only club interested is West Ham.

I'm not happy it fell through, I'm just not that bothered. I would be if we were talking a 19 year old wonderkid with bags of upside who was snatched by Man U. But we're not.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've just read somewhere that Nixon is saying we will owe Wolves 25% of any fee we get due to a sell on clause they insisted on when we signed him. Bastards.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Michael Laudrup or Natasha Whittam.

Hmm... I think I'll go with Michael Laudrup's judgement call on this one.

I'm willing to bet Laudrup has never seen Mark Davies play. Or was he aware he was going to be the next Swansea manager before anyone at Swansea?

He's being bought on reputation. No one on here thinks he's a £4m player. An £4m player would have done more to keep us up.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've just read somewhere that Nixon is saying we will owe Wolves 25% of any fee we get due to a sell on clause they insisted on when we signed him. Bastards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm willing to bet Laudrup has never seen Mark Davies play. Or was he aware he was going to be the next Swansea manager before anyone at Swansea?

He's being bought on reputation. No one on here thinks he's a £4m player. An £4m player would have done more to keep us up.

I didn't realise you were the mouthpiece of the site. How do you know nobody on here thinks he is worth 4 million?

If they are getting 15 million for Joe Allen we need to be looking at getting more than half of that from Swansea. They can fuck off with their 4 million, it's an insulting offer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum