Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to Swansea? - LATEST - Now £6 million bid rejected!!!

+18
Born to be a wanderer
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
largehat
Whatsupdoc
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Sluffy
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Mark Davies is a good player, despite the fact his passing isn't very good. But say we were to lose him at £4million that would leave us with Andrews-great player, Pratley-bag of shit and Vela-unproven but looks good and then Holden who is still injured and then only a few weeks to get somebody who is as good a player as he is, which will never happen. Now if it was £8million you jus re-inforce that position with maybe two players and then still have leftovers. But it's the gap he fills which is worrying, he suits our play really well and currently which decent players would want to join us?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Were going to be seeing an improved offer for sparky now i'm sure:-

Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he hopes to complete the signing of Joe Allen in the next 24 hours after the midfielder attended Thursday's Europa League game against Gomel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

8 million would swing me... Laughing

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

on the grounds that the 8 million - absolutely EVERY penny of it was given to coyle either in January should we need more players, or when we are back in the prem this time next year....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:on the grounds that the 8 million - absolutely EVERY penny of it was given to coyle

I hope not, he won't be our manager.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:on the grounds that the 8 million - absolutely EVERY penny of it was given to coyle

I hope not, he won't be our manager.

possibly...

well, given to whoever replaces him...

Bruce Rioch... Wink

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Steve Davis

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cliff Thorburn.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tony Meo

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bruce Forsyth

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Bruce Forsyth

Are you on drugs?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You don't think he could do a better job than coyle?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:You don't think he could do a better job than coyle?

Yes, but he's not a snooker player.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry, I thought we were just chucking random names in the hat once coyle gets sacked.

Anyway how do you know Brcuey doesn't play snooker?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tony Knowles.

bill werbeniuk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

eddie charlton athletic

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks like he will be going...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[Edit - Article shown in full below - Sluffy]

so we have gone from point plank NO, to 'digging our heels in' to ACTUALLY giving a fucking price!

will somebody tell gartside that no MEANS no!

sell him with 15 days of the transfer window left after our 'main' midfield target's agent is demanding stupid money so we (rightly so) walked away...

I understand that mark Davies is not a holding midfielder and I feel at this level Chris eagles could step in to his 'role' ... but if Swansea would have started this bullshit earlier, we may have been able to flex our muscles a bit more with the Sanchez deal or looked at other players who are currently out of our financial reach.

If they get him or not, I hope the welsh Barcelona get relegated now - either for stealing one of our best assets just before the season kicks off, or for unsettling him.

why the hell would he want to sign for bloody Swansea anyway? he has to be earning fairly good money (even by championship standards) at Bolton, and bolton are, well... just a 'bigger' and better club anyway... Neutral

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers have dug their heels in over their £8million valuation of midfielder Mark Davies after Swansea City made a second raid for his signature.

It is understood that an improved offer of £6m for the 24-year-old was rejected yesterday, but that the Welsh club are inching their way towards a figure deemed acceptable by the Whites hierachy.

Chairman Phil Gartside announced at the fans’ forum on Tuesday night that Davies wanted to stay at the club, but with £15m burning a hole in his pocket after the sale of Joe Allen, Swans boss Michael Laudrup has the ammunition to land his man and looks willing to test his resolve.

Should Wanderers receive the sum they want, £2million would instantly be passed on to Davies’s former club Wolves by way of a clause in his contract.

It would leave Coyle with a healthy sum to find a replacement, but with just 15 days remaining in the current transfer window it would not leave him long to do business.

Wanderers look unlikely to sign the defensive midfielder they have been seeking all summer by the time they kick off the season in two days’ time against Burnley at Turf Moor.

And sources suggest that the delay could be down to the issue with Davies and Swansea, which could have a knock-on effect with the targets they pursue.

Laudrup has hinted he may look abroad if he continues to get priced out of the domestic market, and could have had Davies in mind when he compared the price of British midfielders with some of his more recent captures from Spain’s La Liga.

“Even if I am a foreigner, I always believe that two-thirds of the squad should be from Great Britain,” he said. “But the problem is that I would turn it around and say, what would a player who scored 15 goals playing in the Premier League as an offensive midfielder cost?

“I think it would be maybe double, treble or even four times the £2.5m we paid for Michu.

“I am the first one to say that we have to be careful — it cannot always be a foreigner that we go for.

“But it’s about value for money. We need a player in Joe Allen’s position who can fit in to the way we play.”

£8 million really is the minimum we should be demanding, I won't be too pleased if he goes for this as we only get £6 million, what are we going to do with that? When I see Wolves turning down £9.5 million for Jarvis and £12 million for Fletcher, I don't see why we're not trying to push Davies's price up as much as possible. He's young, English and technically gifted we should be exaggerating his talents and inflating even more than it already is.

For once we have an over rated English player who's on a long term contract, they need to milk it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum