Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies to Swansea? - LATEST - Now £6 million bid rejected!!!

+18
Born to be a wanderer
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Angry Dad
largehat
Whatsupdoc
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Keegan
Sluffy
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

If they are getting 15 million for Joe Allen we need to be looking at getting more than half of that from Swansea. They can fuck off with their 4 million, it's an insulting offer.

An insulting offer for a player who has done bugger all for BWFC? He was pisspoor last season, we should be snatching their hand off.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We bought him for £1million after that stupid compenstaion thing, we have to give wolves 20-25% of what we sell him for so a bid of £4million shouldn't even been looked at in terms of profit.

Not the greatest player to ever wear a wanderers shirt but certainly commands a better sum than 4mill IMO, besides we would never be able to bring in a suitable replacement for the money we would end up with.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

If they are getting 15 million for Joe Allen we need to be looking at getting more than half of that from Swansea. They can fuck off with their 4 million, it's an insulting offer.

An insulting offer for a player who has done bugger all for BWFC? He was pisspoor last season, we should be snatching their hand off.

Yes it is an insulting offer. No he hasn't done bugger all for BWFC. No he wasn't pisspoor last season. No we shouldn't be snatching their hand off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Yes it is an insulting offer. No he hasn't done bugger all for BWFC. No he wasn't pisspoor last season. No we shouldn't be snatching their hand off.

Give me one game where he dominated the midfield.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Give me one game where he dominated the midfield.

You like reliving the past, don't you? You asked Hipster this question not long ago. Go back and read the answer you got then.

You have an irrational contempt for Mark Davies, I don't know why, but that's just what it is - irrational.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, just sick of people saying a player is good when he quite clearly isn't. He has potential to be good I don't doubt that - but he hasn't progressed at all over the last 12 months, quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, he might go on to be a great player, but he could just as easily turn out to be another player with potential that never made it. Better to take £4m now than pay him ££££££ for the next three seasons to play in the same way he has been doing.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think he did much last season to be honest. We can all see the potential he has but he rarely has a great game. Maybe it's down to Coyle not using him in the right position but too often games just pass him by.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard, I'm just sick of us getting the short end money for players.

I actually think Mark Davies ia a better player than Joe Allen. It would give me the arsehole for Swansea to receive 15m for him and then buy what I consider to be a better replacement for a fraction of that.

Just for once, we have a young, English and highly technical footballer under long term contract. Just for once, if we are going to sell him, I want to see one of our players leave with an expensive price tag to live up to.

It makes no sense to me to sell Mark Davies if we are hoping to be back in the PL soon. PG has said he doesn't want to leave either. I don't think he had a great season last season either actually but the player's talent and ability is there for all to see.

Maybe Swansea would get the most of that talent better than we can with the system they play - clearly they think that too, that's why they want him. We will have egg on our faces if we let Mark Davies go.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:No, just sick of people saying a player is good when he quite clearly isn't. He has potential to be good I don't doubt that - but he hasn't progressed at all over the last 12 months, quite the opposite in fact.

Yes, he might go on to be a great player, but he could just as easily turn out to be another player with potential that never made it. Better to take £4m now than pay him ££££££ for the next three seasons to play in the same way he has been doing.

I don't take your opinion seriously. As soon as a player signs for Bolton you take great pleasure in downgrading their ability in order to wind people up.

Jay Jay Okocha.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
I don't think he had a great season last season either actually but the player's talent and ability is there for all to see.

It might be there but he doesn't use it. What good is a player who goes missing, even if technically he is a decent player? We'd be better having some donkey getting stuck in for 90 minutes than have Mark Davies popping up every 20 minutes.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
I don't take your opinion seriously. As soon as a player signs for Bolton you take great pleasure in downgrading their ability in order to wind people up.

Jay Jay Okocha.

No, I just say it as I see it.

Okocha was a decent player, but his end product was poor. For all his fancy tricks he created very little. And a couple of wonder goals doesn't change that.

Even that little flick in the corner that was on the Match of the Day titles for a couple of seasons was taken out of context - he bloody ran the ball out of play trying to be a clever dick.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:
I don't think he had a great season last season either actually but the player's talent and ability is there for all to see.

It might be there but he doesn't use it. What good is a player who goes missing, even if technically he is a decent player? We'd be better having some donkey getting stuck in for 90 minutes than have Mark Davies popping up every 20 minutes.

Simply because I can't be arsed having an ongoing "yes he is/no he isn't" type discussion with you about whether Mark Davies is good or shit, lets say for argument's sake you're right in what you say above.

Now tell me why it is good to sell this player while his stock is relatively low.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Now tell me why it is good to sell this player while his stock is relatively low.

To keep hold of him is a risk. If he continues in the form he displayed last season his stock will go down, and if Coyle does drop him (or a new manager comes in and doesn't fancy him) he will be worthless.

I accept we might miss out on a big payday if he goes on to be a top class player, but that's the chance I would take.

If we'd have accpeted Arsenal's original offer for Cahill we'd have got more for him. But he spent another few months playing in a shit team making errors and his stock went down.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

To keep hold of him is a risk. If he continues in the form he displayed last season his stock will go down, and if Coyle does drop him (or a new manager comes in and doesn't fancy him) he will be worthless.

I accept we might miss out on a big payday if he goes on to be a top class player, but that's the chance I would take.

If we'd have accpeted Arsenal's original offer for Cahill we'd have got more for him. But he spent another few months playing in a shit team making errors and his stock went down.

This post is pure, unfiltered crap.

How much lower do you think Mark Davies' value will go exactly? What have we got to lose? There's no WAY his value would drop below the 4M you want us to "snatch Swansea's hand off" in accepting.

He will be a fantastic player in the Championship - and even if he is not - there are coaches out there like Laudrup who know a technically gifted young English player when they see one. It is complete and utter bollocks to think his value will drop below 4M.

Why don't you take the attitude, as many sensible posters do, that it is better to keep Mark Davies to see if he can help us get promoted at the first time of asking, and then review the situation next Summer? Surely you can see the sense in that. Please tell me you can see the sense in that. I'm just desperate for a signs of intelligent life in your posts.

Finally, the issue with Cahill's valuation 'dropping' between last Summer and last January was entirely dictated by his impending contract expiry and nothing else. Even a child would understand this point, please don't drag totally irrelevant examples into it and deliberately overlook the blindingly obvious and established facts.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm 50/50 on it ....
Potential ....not realised as of yet..... disappears for long periods of the game.
Apparently played well last night .....but that's the first time in 5 pre-season games which fits his profile of inconsistancy.
The problem is if we got rid who would replace him? Anyone out there who is better than Mavies has been snapped up surely.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm 50/50 on it ....
Potential ....not realised as of yet..... disappears for long periods of the game.
Apparently played well last night .....but that's the first time in 5 pre-season games which fits his profile of inconsistancy.
The problem is if we got rid who would replace him? Anyone out there who is better than Mavies has been snapped up surely.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

He will be a fantastic player in the Championship - and even if he is not - there are coaches out there like Laudrup who know a technically gifted young English player when they see one. It is complete and utter bollocks to think his value will drop below 4M.

Wake up Largehat, you have no evidence that he's any good. Potential is fine if it's realised, but the world is full of players who had potential who now play for League 2 teams or worse.

You keep saying the words "technically gifted", but he still did sod all last season. And if he does sod all next season no one is going to pay £4m for a player who can't produce in the Championship.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Now please respond to the rest of my post, not just the bits you think you can sweep under the carpet with a few colourful adjectives and vague assumptions.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Why don't you take the attitude, as many sensible posters do, that it is better to keep Mark Davies to see if he can help us get promoted at the first time of asking, and then review the situation next Summer? Surely you can see the sense in that. Please tell me you can see the sense in that. I'm just desperate for a signs of intelligent life in your posts.

If Swansea had offered £1m I would agree with you, it would be worth taking the gamble that he would eventually come good. But £4m is a lot of money to a club like Bolton, and while I wouldn't trust Owen Coyle to spend it wisely, a decent manager could work wonders with £4m.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:... I'm just sick of us getting the short end money for players...

Remember the date, folks - I agree with this 100%.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum