Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

201How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Oct 26 2020, 10:55

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:As the government looks at reducing the quarantine period to seven days regardless of the
lack of scientific evidence, according to the Sunday Times they are going to exempt "City dealmakers, hedge fund managers and company bosses" from any quarantine measures at all as part of their fantasy of "promoting global Britain".

Yet another example of one law for them and one for everybody else
No wonder we are confused this is just another example of the mixed messaging seen throughout this pandemic.

I have completed today 14 days self isolation, the stats say only 11% are fully self isolating, i was only notified by track and trace on day 5, luckily i had followed the rules.

From day one every expert says the way out of this is track and trace, the government have ramped up testing but if you can't trace people or get them to self isolate we will not come out of this any time soon.

Dido should be sacked, She is part of the problem, no skills and a self interest, She is a director of the Jockey Club and Matt Cock is an MP for Newmarket, guess what Cheltenham goes ahead and we are off to a bad bad start.

202How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Oct 26 2020, 11:06

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I am considering emailing Rees-Mogg a pamphlet on fifth wave feminism. Not that am feminist particularly per se, but rather to be ironic.

203How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Oct 26 2020, 12:04

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've just written a stinking email to my local MP, expressing my disgust at the vote against free school meals in the holidays. 

Charities and charitable acts should never have to be used as the sticking plaster of the welfare state in this rich country.

Ministers seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot by repeated misjudgements of the public mood.

204How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Oct 26 2020, 12:18

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Disgraceful and dangerous comments from Priti and Boris:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54687081

205How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:32

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was putting my washing out and the gammon from next door was out also. He said that " they " are going to force Britain to have a multicultural national anthem instead of the one we have now, and that he will refuse to sing it in a Jamaican accent even if they threaten to send him to prison.

206How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I was putting my washing out and the gammon from next door was out also. He said that " they " are going to force Britain to have a multicultural national anthem instead of the one we have now, and that he will refuse to sing it in a Jamaican accent even if they threaten to send him to prison.
I'd have thought that an old white guy singing anything in "a Jamaican accent" would be an imprisonable offence anyway.

207How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:47

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And I was looking forward to him singing a Reggae version of it for his bredrin in a wooly rainbow coloured hat.

208How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 11:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:And I was looking forward to him singing a Reggae version of it for his bredrin in a wooly rainbow coloured hat.
UB40 got away with it for years.

209How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:09

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
UB40 got away with it for years.

I think them and Aswad are all he is familiar with, while he is skanking around in his back garden.

210How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

211How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:17

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The libyan version reminds me of that `welcome home ` from fireball xl5

212How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 12:25

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I have found a video for him. How to skank. Introductory lessons on skanking. He can learn this for while he is singing the anthem.

213How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 13:58

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 R4HldoV

214How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 27 2020, 17:13

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 9odm2Aw

215How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Oct 28 2020, 10:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mr Johnson's food tsar has told the Times the government has a moral obligation to stop disadvantaged children going hungry, and must set aside questions of ideology. 
Henry Dimbleby says he does not understand why Downing Street has not "owned" the row over free school meals given its commitment to levelling up - and accuses ministers of walking into a "massive bear trap".  
The Metro highlights remarks to the BBC by the Conservative leader of Walsall Council, Mike Bird, who claimed the issue was a "political football" created by the Manchester United player, Marcus Rashford, and suggested parents struggling to feed their children should shop at Marks and Spencer. Clearly, never done a day of food shopping in his life!

216How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Oct 30 2020, 09:27

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 50WHaWl

217How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Oct 31 2020, 13:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

They are doing shit but not as bad as that shit scum Labour party.

218How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Nov 01 2020, 11:26

Was it about 2 weeks ago the Tories dismissed national lock down and called Starmer opportunistic for suggesting it? Surely they could have predicted they might need to do this and could have chose their rhetoric more carefully? Too busy point scoring to deal with this crisis proactively.

219How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Nov 01 2020, 11:47

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:They are doing shit but not as bad as that shit scum Labour party.
This coming from a party that votes to keep foxhunting whilst voting against free school meals. or maybe a better definition of scum.

220How is the Tory government doing? - Page 11 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Nov 01 2020, 13:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Was it about 2 weeks ago the Tories dismissed national lock down and called Starmer opportunistic for suggesting it? Surely they could have predicted they might need to do this and could have chose their rhetoric more carefully? Too busy point scoring to deal with this crisis proactively.

It's politics - that's the nature of the beast - all parties point score all the time - that's why at times of crisis they need to come together and act for the best interest of the nation and not their own particular ideology.

And fwiw I don't think they believed there would be a need for a lockdown if local lockdowns had worked - and to be fair indications from the north east suggest that they might if enough people followed them properly.

Clearly that didn't happen anywhere else in the country and Burnham's stand off for over a week certainly didn't help matters as daily positive case increases across Manchester are much higher now than when Bolton topped the country's 'league table'!

Too many people simply don't follow the rules or even believe Covid exists - just watch the short video from a Bolton bloke who even in SEPTEMBER thought Covid was just a conspiracy?????

How do these people even function???

Covid: Anti-masker who caught virus had 'worst two weeks'

Covid: Anti-masker who caught virus had 'worst two weeks'

A man who refused to wear a mask to protect himself from Covid-19 after believing fake theories about the disease has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks of my life".

Trevor Jones from Bolton said he initially listened to those who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his views on the virus and hoped it would help alter the attitudes of others too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-manchester-54730059

Anyway it is what it is and I'd say people will just carry on meeting their friends and family as always and indoors and the spread will just continue and the lockdown will the have to carry on up to Christmas, with it only being let open again in time for Christmas Day.

Then we just wait for the next wave to hit us - as it most certainly will!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum