Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 50]

681How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12 2021, 18:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's also been a FORTY percent drop in exports from UK to EU. That in my opinion isn't a momentary thing either and not solely down to Co-Vid. I bet once restrictions are lifted that number will remain firm and may even get worse. In the long term the massive increase in red tape and of course the imposition of various tarrifs will cause most of our EU customers to look elsewhere within the EU for the things they used to buy from us and don't be surprised to see a large amoint of companies and industries relocating to mainland Europe as soon as they're able to do so.

682How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12 2021, 19:09

Can't believe putting up massive barriers to international trade has resulted in a drop in international trade.

683How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12 2021, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Bolton-s-disallowed-goal-against-everton-in-1997-988737850

684How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12 2021, 19:25

I’m not over that, I know you’re not either Nat.

685How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Mar 18 2021, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If only we had VAR then.
Or Specsavers.

Just to get back on topic it seems the government is keen on introducing some retrograde environmental policies. 
First they approve the super coal mine, then commit to more nuclear warheads and now this. What next? Asbestos factories?

686How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 19 2021, 15:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not something to particularly brag about or be proud of but contrary to all the initial hoo ha it seems that from when the pandemic hit us up to December our death rate from Covid is lower than six other country's in Europe including Spain.

As I say nothing to be proud about and mistakes were made but we've clearly done better than others since and it looks as though the vaccination system seems to be preventing a massive new wave of infections that seem to be facing Europe and in particular France and Germany.

Thought I'd point this out as some form of balance to the hysteria that often goes on, on Nuts, with anything to do with the Tory government.

Covid: UK death rate 'no longer Europe's worst' by winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56456312

Covid: Germany warns of 'exponential' rise in coronavirus cases
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56460696

687How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 19 2021, 18:09

Rollouts been very good, no doubt about it - been said numerous times on here so think your comments a bit over the top. 

Worth pointing out it shows how much more effective it is to trust the NHS with this over private suppliers.

688How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 19 2021, 18:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

More evidence that Westminster is willing to break settlements on devolution, grabbing power in order to control.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56454982

Last edited by okocha on Sat Mar 20 2021, 09:40; edited 1 time in total

689How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 19 2021, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Rollouts been very good, no doubt about it - been said numerous times on here so think your comments a bit over the top. 

Worth pointing out it shows how much more effective it is to trust the NHS with this over private suppliers.

Eh???

I'm happy for you to point out where I've missed reading on here about how we are no longer the worst European country for the death rate.

I've read many, many times about people banging on about us being the worst though!!!

That was the point I was making.

As for the roll out of the vaccine, the first one given was on the 8th December, the information about the fall in death rate I linked to goes up to the 18th December - I hardly think just ten days had that much of an effect do you???

Covid-19 vaccine: First person receives Pfizer jab in UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55227325

It's all one way on here - everything Tory is shit, well the real world is not like that no matter how much you and others may want it to be.

They do get somethings right and other political party's (even Labour) get things wrong now and again.

Credit should be given to where it is due irrespective of what political party it is.

As for your last comment I'm not sure what you mean, what private suppliers?

Do you mean moving control of the vaccine roll out from the Department of Health to the Cabinet Office?

If so you need to thank your mate Dominic for his hand in that!

Credit where credit is due remember (even if it is through gritted teeth).

Very Happy

690How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 19 2021, 23:53

My comment was about the vaccine rollout not death rates - ‘rollouts been very good’.

Private companies was a reference to SERCO’s management of track and trace.

691How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 02:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:My comment was about the vaccine rollout not death rates - ‘rollouts been very good’.

Private companies was a reference to SERCO’s management of track and trace.

Rollout has been very good, yes, but my post was about death rates.

I notice you still can't bring yourself (or any other of our resident Tory haters) to acknowledge that the government indeed has kept them down - so much in fact that we've fallen from the highest in Europe to seventh - and that's even before the 'very good' vaccine rollout.

As for the 'very good' vaccine rollout, it was led by the much derided Kate Bingham, lest you forget, of whom you and many others publicly decride her as being a crony of the government with absolutely no public health experience, she being a venture capitalist.

Well this venture capitalist led the procurement of the vaccines and the strategy for the deployment of them.

Seems to have done an outstanding job hasn't she - look at the EU shambles in contrast!

I can't be arsed looking up all the negative comments about her at the time from all the good Tory hating posters on here but you will be pleased to know I easily found your mate Maughan's view on her...

Jobs for their mates: We’re suing

https://goodlawproject.org/update/jobs-for-mates-jr/

Fwiw it looks as though Maughan's has quietly dropped his cronyism claim over Kate Bingham, I wonder why...

It can't possibly be because she made such a good job in that role can it...?

:rofl:

...he's still after Harding though.

How come the one who is a success is no longer a crony yet the one who wasn't, is?

Answers on a post card please!

Very Happy

692How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 07:06

You think the government deserves praise for the death rate in this country? I think if you’re looking for positives in the pandemic response you’ve chosen the wrong metric.

693How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 10:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ian hislop has his say on Question Time re the government's refurb of the  press briefing room, amongst other examples of Tory priorities and practices

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ian-hislop-mocks-new-press-room-boris-johnson-downing-street-b925077.html

694How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 11:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why is Nuts overrun by twe*ps and why are they all lefties?

695How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Why is Nuts overrun by twe*ps and why are they all lefties?
Are you suggesting Hislop is a leftie?

696How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 12:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Are you suggesting Hislop is a leftie?
Of course not, Boncey. I don't think he's a twe*p either.
A healthy sceptic is how I'd describe him and I rather approve of that.

697How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You think the government deserves praise for the death rate in this country? I think if you’re looking for positives in the pandemic response you’ve chosen the wrong metric.

Nope.

Did you not bother reading my posts then???

Obviously not so I'll post a few up again just for you!

Sluffy wrote:Not something to particularly brag about or be proud of but contrary to all the initial hoo ha it seems that from when the pandemic hit us up to December our death rate from Covid is lower than six other country's in Europe including Spain.

As I say nothing to be proud about and mistakes were made but we've clearly done better than others since and it looks as though the vaccination system seems to be preventing a massive new wave of infections that seem to be facing Europe and in particular France and Germany.

Thought I'd point this out as some form of balance to the hysteria that often goes on, on Nuts, with anything to do with the Tory government.

Covid: UK death rate 'no longer Europe's worst' by winter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56456312

Covid: Germany warns of 'exponential' rise in coronavirus cases
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56460696

Oh, I still see that you can't find it in yourself (or any of the other rabid Tory haters on here) to give any credit for that (I've never asked for praise have I?)...

Sluffy wrote:I'm happy for you to point out where I've missed reading on here about how we are no longer the worst European country for the death rate.

I've read many, many times about people banging on about us being the worst though!!!

Sluffy wrote:I notice you still can't bring yourself (or any other of our resident Tory haters) to acknowledge that the government indeed has kept them down - so much in fact that we've fallen from the highest in Europe to seventh - and that's even before the 'very good' vaccine rollout.

You seem to have lost your tongue over Kate Bingham too...

Sluffy wrote:It's all one way on here - everything Tory is shit, well the real world is not like that no matter how much you and others may want it to be.

They do get somethings right and other political party's (even Labour) get things wrong now and again.

Credit should be given to where it is due irrespective of what political party it is.

I couldn't have made my point any more clearer could I...!

Very Happy

698How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 22:32

Honestly, I don’t have a clue what point you’re trying to make here so just to be really clear for you:

- Gov vaccine rollout deserves praise and credit
- Include Kate Bingham in that, she’s led it after all
- There are still many elements to the gov pandemic response which have been demonstrably poor

699How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 20 2021, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Honestly, I don’t have a clue what point you’re trying to make here so just to be really clear for you:

- Gov vaccine rollout deserves praise and credit
- Include Kate Bingham in that, she’s led it after all
- There are still many elements to the gov pandemic response which have been demonstrably poor

My point was clear enough, I even spelt it out earlier as well!

Sluffy wrote:I'm happy for you to point out where I've missed reading on here about how we are no longer the worst European country for the death rate.

All the endless criticising and foaming at the mouth about how totally incompetent the government was doing, week after week, month after month, on here - by all the usual suspects - and it turns out the government actually had got on top of things more than any one of you had though - nor no doubt could believe (certainly not admit to!!!).

The death rate was clearly slowed down, so much in fact that six other country's in Europe were shown now to be far worse - and that was up to mid December too - before the vaccine rollout had even had chance to get started (it had only been going two weeks and it takes three weeks for the vaccine to become effective).

Everything the government did was roundly and routinely rubbished on here by those who obviously know best, or at least they think they do, yet contrary to their smugness and all knowingness the government handling of the pandemic has indeed improved considerably since the start of the pandemic - the fall in death rate proves that - when we, the country, simply didn't have the capacity, knowledge or even the true factual information (thanks to China's concealing the true facts) to cope with it.

I'm not looking for praise of the government, they were only doing their job, I was looking for an acknowledgement from those with a blind hatred of all things Tory, that just because they have different politics to you doesn't mean they are wrong in everything they do.

There is a toxicity on here (and from some/many people in general) that all things Tory are shit and all things 'woke' (am I using the word in the right context - I think I am?) are wonderful, when neither extreme is the case.

To be fair you are the only one on here who will give reasons for what you say and believe in and concede at times that not everything the Tory government has done has always been wrong.

As for the rest who frequently vent their hatred on this thread...

...not a word!

Can't say I'm at all surprised though.

700How is the Tory government doing? - Page 35 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 21 2021, 03:36

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Be honest, you're catching up on your daily "Nuts" and someone has had the temerity to disagree with  something Lord Sluffy has posted. They raise good and valid points and it looks like a lively debate is in the offing.
You're then suddenly confronted by a "War & Peace" length post where Sluffy quotes himself about 12 times (just to make it absolutely clear to you that you're definitely wrong and he's obviously right) and lets you know what a complete idiot you are for holding an opinion that is different to his.
Is it just me or does anyone else lose the very will to live when confronted by one of these tomes and just ignore it and moves onto the next post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum