Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

741How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 11:50

The government understand being 'green' is a vote winner so talk up their credentials and plans at every opportunity. As has often been the case in the last 11 years of Tory rule though, the rhetoric rarely matches the reality.

742How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 14:14

Really concerning levels of police violence in Bristol over the last few days, both on journalists and protestors. No matter what side of the political spectrum you're on surely we can all condemn this?

743How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems the police themselves are.

At the end of the day police men and women are only human too and do things wrong like we all do - they can't act perfectly all the time, no one can.

It sort of brings to mind some quote I read somewhere about a terrorist bomb maker saying something like 'you have to stop my bombs going off every time, I only need you to fail once to get my my cause in the papers'.

I don't know how many police where there that night, for how long, or how many protestors they had to deal with and how many interactions between the individuals from both sides occurred - there must have been millions - that's not even considering what provocation there was leading up to the police action that was filmed - so is it really conceivable that everything the police did to uphold the law was done perfectly?

Out of the millions of interactions that occurred that day/night is it right that they are judged on just a handful of occassions they seemingly got it wrong?

If there are bad cops (or police dogs who lose control of themselves) they need to be rooted out, of course, I don't think anyone would say otherwise but to judge the whole of the police based on an few bad ones, is like the bombers bomb going off - he wins the headlines whilst all the million and one good things done to stop him previously are simply not even mentioned.

744How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 18:49

You think that tweet condemns police violence?

745How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 21:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You think that tweet condemns police violence?

I think the tweet is seeking to hear both sides of the story and establishing the facts before making any judgment.

You know that thing I'm constantly banging on about on here that nobody seems to be bothered about.

746How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 21:33

Ha! Please, you condemn when the circumstance suits you and plead for fairness when it doesn’t. You are the least objective poster on here and always have been.

747How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 21:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ha! Please, you condemn when the circumstance suits you and plead for fairness when it doesn’t. You are the least objective poster on here and always have been.

If you say so.

I won't lose any sleep over how you or anyone else views me on here.

As far as I'm concerned I'm fair and honest to everyone.

748How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 22:16

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

If you say so.

Did you realise that I tried to sum it up in my laal song, Sluffy

Charlatans, shysters and snotty-nosed herberts

Football supporters in NoKenDo T-shirts

Wussies and pussies who sit in the wings

These are a few of my favourite things

There aren't many herberts on Nuts that come more snotty-nosed than T.R.O.Y.

749How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Mar 28 2021, 23:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

If you say so.

Did you realise that I tried to sum it up in my laal song, Sluffy

Charlatans, shysters and snotty-nosed herberts

Football supporters in NoKenDo T-shirts

Wussies and pussies who sit in the wings

These are a few of my favourite things

There aren't many herberts on Nuts that come more snotty-nosed than T.R.O.Y.

As they say Bob, 'None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see'.

TROY is sadly just one of the majority now who wants only to listen and see the parts that confirm their prejudices and can't be bothered with anything that doesn't fit in with their already closed minds.

The irony which is not lost on me is that nearly all who hate the Tory government out of hand are those most likely to say the believe in fairness and equality.

How fair and equal can you be if you've already made your mind up before listening to the other side of the story???

Whatever happened to being innocent before being proved guilty?

Justice is impartial.

You weigh the truth and judge on that, not the person/political party (Ken Anderson/Tory government) who you just happen to hate.

Might as well talk to the proverbial brick wall than try to reason with some on here.

750How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 02:54

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ha! Please, you condemn when the circumstance suits you and plead for fairness when it doesn’t. You are the least objective poster on here and always have been.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :toppoints:

751How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 09:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There s absolutely no reason whatsoever for that poor woman to get hit in the face with a shield like she did. The bastard that did that should be hung out to dry, but of course, he'll get away with it.

752How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 10:51

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:There s absolutely no reason whatsoever for that poor woman to get hit in the face with a shield like she did. The bastard that did that should be hung out to dry, but of course, he'll get away with it.
Quite agree, Glos. 

Line of Duty is reflecting a grotesque reality (with added genius, of course!)

753How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 10:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonking Boris seems to be doing ok.  Very Happy

754How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 13:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Has he found another bonkee?

755How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 14:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Has he found another bonkee?
Had one.  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/not-matter-boris-johnson-affair-23814605

756How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you noticed his bald patch a la friar tuck?
Seems the Eton mess haircut is the modern equivalent of the combover.

757How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing that annoys me the most is why can't he comb or brush his hair? He's our PM but he looks like a pissed up salesman at a Christmas Party all the time.

758How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is why can't he comb or brush his hair? He's our PM but he looks like a pissed up salesman at a Christmas Party all the time.
It would highlight his baldness obvs

759How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The thing that annoys me the most is why can't he comb or brush his hair? He's our PM but he looks like a pissed up salesman at a Christmas Party all the time.
It's his Warhol period.
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Warhol-hero

760How is the Tory government doing? - Page 38 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
It would highlight his baldness obvs
He should embrace being a slaphead as i do  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum