Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers want Wilder

+24
JohannesburgWanderer
Diadora
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wanderlust
FullofSprite
Norpig
gloswhite
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:03

Sluffy, lpp, anyone who will listen.  Im not saying this is gospel.  And i am certainly not ITK, but......if we published the accounts as it stands at this moment in time, they are going to look shite.  If they look shite it will show we are trading on a massive loss which could effect ffp and therefore get us a 12 to 18 month ban on transfer activity.

IF (and this is purely speculation and my opinion) they wait, get the house in order, make some very tough decisions (which they have already started) with playing and non playing staff and it takes a month or so, but it means we can then start trading again and hopefully invest some of the money we either make from transfers or investments from keano anderworth relationships, surely that would be better.

Stand us in better stead?

Also, lpp, can you point out the articles from the bbc and sky sports that have portrayed ken or Dean poorly?   Its not a dog id just genuinely like to see what has been wrote about them.

Everything i have seen is speculation and rumours from one forum or another.  And like i said it wouldnt surprise me one bit if it is started by the ST to try and turn people against keano.

Sorry my punctuation is a bit wank.  Im trying to get my point across without it dragging on too much.  

Ffs lpp, how do you do this every post Smile

102Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He allows no less than 3 hours per post Very Happy

103Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:33

gloswhite wrote:He allows no less than 3 hours per post Very Happy
I hope he uses a keyboard.  Im using my phone and because of my richmond sausage-esque fingers i have to re-read it ten times so i dont get picked up on my shit punctuation and speeling

104Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
gloswhite wrote:He allows no less than 3 hours per post Very Happy
I hope he uses a keyboard.  Im using my phone and because of my richmond sausage-esque fingers i have to re-read it ten times so i dont get picked up on my shit punctuation and speeling
:rofl:

105Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:56

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surely the accounts that need to be filed are for a specific year or Financial year so if the year end was say 31st March. Then any transactions recorded in April or May would relate to the next financial year. My point being that any of the savings being made now would not affect the accounts that have not yet been filed, so delaying filing will be down to the auditors not signing off the accounts for the prior year.

106Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 20:58

My understanding was that it was for us to show we will be on a sound financial footing, if there is such a thing in football.  If it is as you stated then we may well get hit with a transfer ban if we submitted them without showing how things have improved

107Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 22:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I wasn't aiming my last post on this thread at you or anyone else in particular but I do realise my interest on the financial side of the club (and the questioning the integrity of the actions of the ST's Steering Committee) does grate with others on here and can be seen as negativity to the club (and the ST).

It is honestly not my intention to upset anybody on here so in recent weeks I have generally kept my news, views and opinions of the clubs financial position (and the shenanigans of the non elected Steering Group) to myself.

The simple fact remains though that until the accounts up to June 2015 are submitted we will remain under a transfer embargo.

The accounts are a factual financial record that have to be submitted after being audited by an independent company - so no matter what the news those accounts reveal - good or bad - they have to be published and if they are contrary to FFP or any other rules or regulations that we are subjected to under the Football League rules, we will have to face them sooner or later.

It is a criminal offence to trade whilst insolvent, which I am sure the current owners are well aware of, so I doubt that currently is the case but obviously any savings the club can make for the foreseeable future will obviously lesson the pressure of things turning too bad too soon, if at all.

Anderson doesn't strike me as someone dumb enough not to have a plan to make a return on his investment in buying the club with Holdsworth so it is in his own interests for the club to do well and obviously I hope he brings us success as quickly as he can.

108Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 22:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2j, I may have been a bit unclear. I didn't say they were reflected poorly, simply that their own statements regarding investment, the new manager and the embargo didn't strike me as being positive.

For instance Ken's statement a couple of weeks ago was actually reported and posted as a thread in the News section here in which he said they needed to find another 3 million in order to fund operations for next season and were looking for investors to provide it.

The statement regarding a new manager appeared in the match programme and was retracted a few days later. In an interview with Sky Sports News Ken spoke about the new manager and in the course of it said he and Dean had met with one candidate. That was two months after Lennon left/was sacked (depending on your interpretation of mutual consent).

I believe that the embargo needs to be dealt with pronto for reasons I've already stated. Hanging onto the books because they look bad is only going to make things worse since these are accounts from last year that should have been filed months ago. If we're going to be hit with a ban because of what's in them doesn't it make sense to get that ban out of the way as fast as possible? you can't retrospectively 'cook' them and spending months trying to won't help anything. Just file the flaming things and get on with repairing the damage Gartside and Davies left behind.

I'm not going to say anything about the ST, like sluffy my feelings on that are well known already and frankly at this moment they are irrelevant anyway.

If we were trading illegally a year ago then I don't see how Ken and Dean can be held accountable for that. They weren't here then so surely it would make sense just to submit what they've got, show their proposals to fix it and move on. I'd actually be quite happy if they came out and said "OK, we put the books in and we've been slammed with an 18 month embargo" because at least that would be concrete information and something you could base a future plan around.

What irritates me most and makes me feel most negative is this half-assed, hanging in the wind with no solid indication of where we are or where we're going. Ken Anderson's no fool as sluffy says, he must be able to see all this for himself and Dean's not thick either so surely by now the two of them must have realised that making positive can do statements when nothing is following them won't help anyone, least of all themselves.

109Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 08:08

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Diadora wrote:Sheff Utd in for Wilder now

My mate is a mate of Wilders, he still lives in Sheffield and has a Sheffield United tattoo on his ankle, so I presume they would be favourites for him.

110Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 08:31

I just don't think its a cut and dry as people think it is. Otherwise i think Anderson would have done it. He doesn't seem to mind the shitty jobs (luckily for us) and i think he will get it right. 

The guy has just took on a massive business that was/is up shit creek and hes already getting his hands dirty and making decisions,  whilst not popular ones, will hopefully be best for the xlub in the long run

111Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 10:00

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:I just don't think its a cut and dry as people think it is. Otherwise i think Anderson would have done it. He doesn't seem to mind the shitty jobs (luckily for us) and i think he will get it right. 

The guy has just took on a massive business that was/is up shit creek and hes already getting his hands dirty and making decisions,  whilst not popular ones, will hopefully be best for the xlub in the long run
I agree, something has to be done and it seems Anderson and Holdsworth between them are at least starting to implement their ideas on how to do it. Whether or not they're going the right way is of course open to debate but for now I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on all but one thing. The embargo. It's got to be dealt with now, not in summer, not when they think the books look better but now.

It's crippling our chances of finding a decent manager and no one can tell me it isn't. Even if we get slapped with an 18 month embargo at least the fixed term would do much to end the uncertainty surrounding the club and since we've already served about seven months under embargo we'd possibly only have it in place for next season, a period where buying would be difficult anyway thanks to the big wage guys and the need to balance the books.

112Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 11:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No point in worrying about the embargo IMO as it will basically either sort itself out or not. The first obstacle is the headcount of senior players which will reduce when Dobbie, Heskey, Pratley and Danns leave. All the club has to do is meet the criteria which are:

Any Championship club that is subject to an FFP embargo during the 2015/16 season will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).  

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.

• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

In addition:

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay (or commit to pay) transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it).

• For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit). 

• Clubs under an FFP embargo may register players under the age of 21 for non-first team matches.

Read more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure about the current headcount of seniors, but that's priority 1.
Once that's in place (it may be already?) then we can trade subject to the restrictions above - the key one being that we can't offer players more than £11.5k a week which I doubt we'll be doing in League 1. 

Given the one in/one out scenario with 4 seniors and potentially a pile of young players leaving in the summer, we are already in a position to trade although restricted to the lower end of the market. 

To remove all restrictions, we simply have to meet the newly introduced "profitability and sustainability" criteria which will of course take time and why the FA are monitoring our finances so that's just a matter of waiting until they are satisfied.

Given our financial position, I don't think the embargo puts much of a restriction on transfers as far as BWFC in League 1 are concerned because I don't think we're in the market for expensive players anyway.

113Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilder off to Sheff Utd. Adkins sacked

114Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Wilder off to Sheff Utd. Adkins sacked
Do you think Wilder will take the job there? I know the Blades are a big club in lower league terms but I suspect Wilder might prefer to stay where he is knowing he's held in high regard by both chairman and fans. It's also a big move for his family, they might not want to up sticks and move to the North East.

Of course it will probably come down to money, both what Wilder is offered as pay and what resources will be available to him in order to strengthen his squad be it in Sheffield or Northampton. Either way he's not coming here. I just wish we knew who was.

I suppose someone will now suggest Adkins to us but I don't know enough about him to say whether or not that would be a good move.

115Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He supports and is from sheffield. Done deal I reckon

116Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:He supports and is from sheffield. Done deal I reckon
Fair enough. What do you reckon to Adkins, I seem to remember him doing pretty well with Scunthorpe a while ago and didn't he have the Reading job for a bit as well? Am I thinking about the right guy, used to be a physio and wasn't an ex-pro at all?

117Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love Adkins here, did a great job at Southampton where he was unfairly sacked. He's in at 8/1 to take over us

118Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 12:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a few bob on Peter Reid. 9/4 with Betvictor.

119Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 14:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't think we'll get anyone until January at this rate Crying or Very sad

120Wanderers want Wilder - Page 6 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Thu May 12 2016, 16:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can we assume that Reidy actually wants the job? 
I kinda assume it and I wouldn't be too gutted if they reluctantly hand it to him if the search proves fruitless.

Could be a while before it's decided though as Nat assures me there is a massive queue of eager applicants to work through first, us being such a big club and all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum