Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Wanderers want Wilder

Wanderers want Wilder

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

61Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Tue Apr 19 2016, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I queued up here once. What a disappointment.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

62Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Tue Apr 19 2016, 14:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:In another (non football-related) article, the BN is today running a poll, the question for which is:

Have you ever queued to get in a shop?

(Seriously, I'm not making that up.)

That is the calibre of the paper nowadays.....
I assume it is in relation to the article they had on people queuing up to get into X Records at 5am to purchase vinyl.

63Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Tue May 10 2016, 21:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.

64Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Tue May 10 2016, 21:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.
You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

65Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Tue May 10 2016, 22:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.
You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

But are we really?

I mean if you went on Charlton's board, would you not expect their lot to be saying the exact same things about their situation?

66Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 09:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.
You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

Troll

67Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 11:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.
You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

Troll
Idiot

68Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 11:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Please go and support someone else

69Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 11:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please go and support someone else
You already do or you're so thick you make an amoeba look like Stephen Hawking, just not sure which one it is yet.

70Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 11:47

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
With the Bury rejects Wilder and Knill blowing smoke up Charlton's ass and Reidy being touted as one  of the faves for the Cobblers job, I'm wondering if there's a bit of reverse psychology going on whereby the club are painting a desperate scenario so that when nobody applies for the BWFC job and Reidy doesn't get Northampton, we end up with Reidy and are grateful for it?

71Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 11:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Please go and support someone else
You already do or you're so thick you make an amoeba look like Stephen Hawking, just not sure which one it is yet.

Find another hobby you troll

72Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Boggers, is that really all you've got? Personal insults in lieu of any kind of reasoned argument?

Alright, well, I'm not going to descend to your level again, frankly I should be better than that so I'll try and get this across to you in simpler terms.

This club is under the most draconian transfer embargo in British Football History for any club that is not in administration, possibly the most draconian embargo ever full stop. We are unable to sign anybody, not even a player who offered his services free of charge.

The backroom staff are being axed in droves. Why? To save money because we have several players who are still on Premier League wages despite us being in League One. We can't afford to pay those players off and they are of no interest to other clubs because unfortunately their quality doesn't come close to matching their salary. The players themselves know this and know they won't get anything like the wage they're on here anywhere else so they are (understandably) sitting tight and continuing to draw the wage their contracts say they're entitled to.

The clubs books are under a microscope, being inspected on a monthly basis by the League, a situation that will continue for 18 months minimum.

The new owners have already said they need to find at least 3 million pounds just to keep the status quo in order to operate for next season and they don't have it, ergo the swinging axes in the backroom and potentially the academy.

A manager will often take a job where the budget is tight, where he has very little to work with and has to sell to buy. That's life in the lower leagues of football today and is understood and accepted even by most fans.

But BWFC can't even offer that. A manager coming in has ZERO to work with, can't sign anyone if he could even find someone willing to come, is lumbered with at least 6 premier league wages attached to players not good enough for the championship, owners who are reportedly arguing among themselves, owners who openly state they don't have the money to secure the club's short term future let alone long term and an infrastructure that is being hacked to pieces as we speak.

I love this club, I have done for four decades and I will always love it but my love is not blind. I say what I think about what I see, it gives me no pleasure to do that but taking a myopic 'everything will be OK' view and denigrating anyone who dares to say 'actually it isn't and won't be unless something changes and soon' isn't supporting BWFC, it's wearing blinkers and denying reality.

Boggers, the bottom line is that we are not an attractive proposition for any manager right now and until the embargo is lifted at least there's no way we can be one. Even if that happened next week it would be some time before we'd become a truly promising prospect again, largely down to the way our finances are apparently perched on a knife edge.

I want that to change, I want to come on here and post positive upbeat things about what I'm seeing and hearing from the club I started following in 1976. But right now I can't do that, the reality is there's no justification for it.

If you believe otherwise then I would say you're simply not seeing things as they really are. Rose tinted specs are great but sooner or later you have to take them off and see the real world.

73Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You resorted to petty personal insults straight away you troll.

74Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm waiting for any kind of reasoned comment from you boggers. Of course I'm not holding my breath while I do it though. Especially given the fact you seem incapable of anything but juvenile insults.

75Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've responded to your negative shite time and time again. I give up. EVERYTHING you say is just draining. 

It's like you enjoy it

76Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
No boggers, you HAVEN'T responded to me except with silly little hashtags and insults. If you disagree with me then please, say WHY you disagree instead of simply spouting things like 'troll'.

Could it be because you don't HAVE a reasoned argument to offer? Is it that you hope chucking enough insults out there will put me off posting what I think?

If that's the case you're going to be deeply disappointed. You simply cannot get rid of me that way.
If you want to change my mind on where the club is and where it's going then you'll need to provide an actual argument with some sort of actual evidence to back it up. It's called a debate, something you seem singularly uninterested in engaging in. Shame really, since that is the entire purpose of this forum.

77Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggers pack it in mate, eh?

78Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?

What the fuck are you on about?

79Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?
Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

80Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?
Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

Why shouldn't I be allowed to voice how I feel about your constant negativity?

81Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 12:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?
Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

Why shouldn't I be allowed to voice how I feel about your constant negativity?
I would be the last to say you should disagree but surely you can see that posting nothing but troll or go and support someone else isn't exactly a reasoned form of debate. If you want something positive then post it, with your reason for believing it. But you'd better accept that telling me to shut up or go away then demanding the right to post whatever you want yourself is at least silly and at worst hypocritical.

Either way I'm going to continue posting what I think, negative or not with my reasons for thinking it and if you want to change my mind then show me something that's reasoned to do it. I don't mind admitting I'm wrong, in fact the only way to learn is to listen but so far all I learn from you is that you know how to spell troll and #killingthesite. Not exactly stuff that's going to make Oxford University sit up and take notice is it?

Come on boggers, if you think I'm wrong to be so negative then say WHY please. Who knows? I might just learn something and agree with you.

82Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 13:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You keep banging on about intelligence. Are you so desperate for strangers on a forum to think you are some sort of Einstein? Call me stupid all you like, ill still sleep soundly at night

83Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 13:23

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I appreciate your optimism Nat - after all we've had a crap season to endure and a bit of positivity is a rare commodity this year. The issue is that your writing style involves stating speculation as fact - and to be honest I wish I didn't feel obliged to put a load of caveats and disclaimers to everything I say just to minimise the nitpicking.

Now we all know that a lot of the threads are purely about speculating e.g. who will be the next manager or will Holding be sold etc. so I have some sympathy with you i.e. it could be assumed that when you write a statement like "we will get £7 million for Holding" it means "I think we'll get £7 million for Holding" but at the end of the day it's an opinion and not a fact and some of what you write comes across as if you are stating facts.

And opinions are there to be discussed and compared so if LPP or anyone else wants to say that they disagree with that opinion for reason x, y or z they are entitled to do so and it's not being negative towards the club. People on her for the most part love the club.

Suggesting we were going to get relegated unless a miracle happened half way through last season was simply a matter of raising genuine concerns and wasn't in any way being negative - just realistic.

That's the way things will remain until we get to the point that positive thinking is proven to make the team perform better - but on the evidence of your predictions last term it looks more like the opposite is true at the moment.

84Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 14:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Could the troll please stop.

85Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 15:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wilder has turned down a move to Charlton

86Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 15:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Has he boggers? Is that confirmed and if so did he say why he turned it down?

87Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 15:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Charlton released a statement saying they were unable to reach an agreement.

88Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 15:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Never mind boggers. Just seen it on SSN. Interesting that Northampton gave him permission to talk to Charlton and said they couldn't match the budget etc that Charlton would be able to give him if he went there. It makes it less likely than ever that he'd come here if that was the case imo. Perhaps he just feels happy where he is and wants to carry on doing what he's doing given that the Northampton chairman also stated that he and Wilder had already turned down several other offers together.

89Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 16:00

Guest


Guest
To be fair to boggers lpp, name calling from either side put to one side, one of the reasons ive not been on as much is because,  whether it is misguided or not, I'm a bit miffed at so much negativity at the moment. 

The embargo, whilst shit, is looking to be sorted. Ken himself has stated he is searching for funds to get us in a position to recruit if necessary.

Until he proves other wise i don't see any reason to not beleive or trust him. 

The stories being put out that there is a rift in the camp absolutely stinks of the supporters trust trying to dampen the excitement of the new regime before is even got going. 

The new dynamic duo of keano anderworth bought a bag of shit basically.  And in doing so they stopped that bag of shit being a flaming bag of shit on the doorstep of the hmrc.  Whether that is just for the time being or not,  now we dont have 180 million debt, mythical or not, we are a much better proposition should we gave to look for new owners again. 

Whilst it is also sad that staff have had to be let go,  the stories of how this was done again sounds like (to me,  and this is my opinion) like propaganda being put out by certain elements to cause a rift. 

You can say everything is conjecture on my part. But isn't practically everything that has been said negatively also conjecture? 

It is like everyone is hoping they will fail. Almost willing it to happen. 

I hope they don't, But if they do then i will hold my hands up. But writing them off before they have even had a chance to show what they can do is just ridiculous. 

Sorry for knicking your post length lpp.  And i don't mean that I'm fed up with anyone in here at all. I just think it is time to get behind them and let's see what they can do.

90Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder on Wed May 11 2016, 16:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Johnny, I think what bothers me most about the embargo is the fact that it should have been the number one priority for the new owners, especially when they realised we'd need a new manager. I don't want them to fail at all, in fact I want them to sign Pep Guardiola, Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and the entire Leicester City squad and win the premiership, fa cup, league cups and champions league in three years after winning L1, the FA Cup, the League cup next year and the Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League the year after (giving us entry into the CL a year early). Very Happy

Sadly I don't see it happening. But what I most want to see in reality is that damned embargo lifted. We simply can't expect to attract a new manager of any real ability while it's in place. "Working on it" is fine for a few weeks but this is about a set of books that have been overdue for several months now and still haven't been filed. How can the owners even know what's required to get the embargo lifted if the league hasn't even seen the books and doesn't know what the real picture is.

Whether there is a rift between Ken and Dean is of course purely speculative at this point. I suspect they're on the same page as to what they want by and large but may have slightly different viewpoints on how to get it. After all Anderson is primarily a businessman, he looks at cold hard numbers first and foremost while Dean is more of a "football" man (if that's the right word) and looks at things more like a fan than a director of a multi million pound company.

I'm behind BWFC all the way but I'm not sure that Ken and Dean are taking us forward at all as yet. There's a lot of silence out there being filled with speculation and precious few facts. But I think even boggers and Nat and all the others who call me negative would admit that while the embargo exists we're not likely to bring in any really worthwhile candidates for the manager's job.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum