Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers want Wilder

+24
JohannesburgWanderer
Diadora
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wanderlust
FullofSprite
Norpig
gloswhite
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I queued up here once. What a disappointment.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

62Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 14:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:In another (non football-related) article, the BN is today running a poll, the question for which is:

Have you ever queued to get in a shop?

(Seriously, I'm not making that up.)

That is the calibre of the paper nowadays.....
I assume it is in relation to the article they had on people queuing up to get into X Records at 5am to purchase vinyl.

63Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue May 10 2016, 21:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.

64Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue May 10 2016, 21:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

Be interesting to see if Charlton - who've shown absolutely no ambition whatsoever for the last few years - are a more desirable club to manage than us.
You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

65Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue May 10 2016, 22:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Charlton have apparently made an approach for Wilder and been given permission to speak with him.

You know the answer to that doff. Right now the Dog And Partridge 2nd XI (over 50's walking football) team are more desirable to manage than us mate.

But are we really?

I mean if you went on Charlton's board, would you not expect their lot to be saying the exact same things about their situation?

66Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 09:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Troll

67Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 11:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Troll
Idiot

68Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 11:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please go and support someone else

69Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 11:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Please go and support someone else
You already do or you're so thick you make an amoeba look like Stephen Hawking, just not sure which one it is yet.

70Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 11:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the Bury rejects Wilder and Knill blowing smoke up Charlton's ass and Reidy being touted as one  of the faves for the Cobblers job, I'm wondering if there's a bit of reverse psychology going on whereby the club are painting a desperate scenario so that when nobody applies for the BWFC job and Reidy doesn't get Northampton, we end up with Reidy and are grateful for it?

71Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 11:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Please go and support someone else
You already do or you're so thick you make an amoeba look like Stephen Hawking, just not sure which one it is yet.

Find another hobby you troll

72Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggers, is that really all you've got? Personal insults in lieu of any kind of reasoned argument?

Alright, well, I'm not going to descend to your level again, frankly I should be better than that so I'll try and get this across to you in simpler terms.

This club is under the most draconian transfer embargo in British Football History for any club that is not in administration, possibly the most draconian embargo ever full stop. We are unable to sign anybody, not even a player who offered his services free of charge.

The backroom staff are being axed in droves. Why? To save money because we have several players who are still on Premier League wages despite us being in League One. We can't afford to pay those players off and they are of no interest to other clubs because unfortunately their quality doesn't come close to matching their salary. The players themselves know this and know they won't get anything like the wage they're on here anywhere else so they are (understandably) sitting tight and continuing to draw the wage their contracts say they're entitled to.

The clubs books are under a microscope, being inspected on a monthly basis by the League, a situation that will continue for 18 months minimum.

The new owners have already said they need to find at least 3 million pounds just to keep the status quo in order to operate for next season and they don't have it, ergo the swinging axes in the backroom and potentially the academy.

A manager will often take a job where the budget is tight, where he has very little to work with and has to sell to buy. That's life in the lower leagues of football today and is understood and accepted even by most fans.

But BWFC can't even offer that. A manager coming in has ZERO to work with, can't sign anyone if he could even find someone willing to come, is lumbered with at least 6 premier league wages attached to players not good enough for the championship, owners who are reportedly arguing among themselves, owners who openly state they don't have the money to secure the club's short term future let alone long term and an infrastructure that is being hacked to pieces as we speak.

I love this club, I have done for four decades and I will always love it but my love is not blind. I say what I think about what I see, it gives me no pleasure to do that but taking a myopic 'everything will be OK' view and denigrating anyone who dares to say 'actually it isn't and won't be unless something changes and soon' isn't supporting BWFC, it's wearing blinkers and denying reality.

Boggers, the bottom line is that we are not an attractive proposition for any manager right now and until the embargo is lifted at least there's no way we can be one. Even if that happened next week it would be some time before we'd become a truly promising prospect again, largely down to the way our finances are apparently perched on a knife edge.

I want that to change, I want to come on here and post positive upbeat things about what I'm seeing and hearing from the club I started following in 1976. But right now I can't do that, the reality is there's no justification for it.

If you believe otherwise then I would say you're simply not seeing things as they really are. Rose tinted specs are great but sooner or later you have to take them off and see the real world.

73Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You resorted to petty personal insults straight away you troll.

74Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm waiting for any kind of reasoned comment from you boggers. Of course I'm not holding my breath while I do it though. Especially given the fact you seem incapable of anything but juvenile insults.

75Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've responded to your negative shite time and time again. I give up. EVERYTHING you say is just draining. 

It's like you enjoy it

76Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:21

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No boggers, you HAVEN'T responded to me except with silly little hashtags and insults. If you disagree with me then please, say WHY you disagree instead of simply spouting things like 'troll'.

Could it be because you don't HAVE a reasoned argument to offer? Is it that you hope chucking enough insults out there will put me off posting what I think?

If that's the case you're going to be deeply disappointed. You simply cannot get rid of me that way.
If you want to change my mind on where the club is and where it's going then you'll need to provide an actual argument with some sort of actual evidence to back it up. It's called a debate, something you seem singularly uninterested in engaging in. Shame really, since that is the entire purpose of this forum.

77Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers pack it in mate, eh?

78Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?

What the fuck are you on about?

79Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

80Wanderers want Wilder - Page 4 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

Why shouldn't I be allowed to voice how I feel about your constant negativity?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum