Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers want Wilder

+24
JohannesburgWanderer
Diadora
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wanderlust
FullofSprite
Norpig
gloswhite
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 08:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Carver sounds exactly like the kind of idiot we are likely to get. Here's a quote from Wiki:

From 4 March to 2 May 2015, he oversaw a run of eight successive league defeats, a club record for Newcastle in the Premier League. Despite such heavy losses, Carver still believed that he was "the best coach in the Premier League".

Sound familiar?

42Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 09:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a fiasco. Predictable but a fiasco.

43Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 09:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell, were already down to misfiring managers, and we actually had a choice of 50. Some things don't change.

44Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 09:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Carver sounds exactly like the kind of idiot we are likely to get. Here's a quote from Wiki:

From 4 March to 2 May 2015, he oversaw a run of eight successive league defeats, a club record for Newcastle in the Premier League. Despite such heavy losses, Carver still believed that he was "the best coach in the Premier League".

Sound familiar?
It's a typo xmiles wiki missed out the driver bit.

45Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 09:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW John Carver has one of the lowest win ratios I've seen - 26.47% (Wilder 42%)

Reidy is twice as good as that and I don't want him so god forbid we get Carver.

Gutted if Wilder really has been scared off - sends a message to other potential candidates so we may well end up with someone doing it for reasons of personal attachment to the club as despite the imaginary massive queue of contenders Nat keeps banging on about we are looking increasingly like a charity case. Retaining JP looking a possibility? But not Carver surely?

46Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 10:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how has Carver got this far? If it's choice between Carver and Cotterill then it has to be Cotterill, at least he has proper managerial experience. Carver may be a good coach bit he didn't cover himself in glory when he stepped up at Newcastle did he?

Disappointed that Wilder doesn't fancy it, he would have been a good appointment, back to the list of 50 for a re-think now i reckon.

47Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 10:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilder rules himself out of Wanderers running

Chris Wilder – one of the bookmakers’ favourites for the Wanderers job – has ruled himself out of the running, The Bolton News understands.

The Northampton Town boss has told close friends he does not want to be considered as a permanent replacement for Neil Lennon after guiding the Cobblers to an emotional title triumph on Saturday.

Wilder had been the personal choice of Whites' co-owner Ken Anderson but has rejected the chance to move back to the North West, where he was once assistant manager at Bury.

Anderson said last week that he intended to give final interviews to three candidates before making a choice. But it is becoming increasingly clear the other half of the club’s ownership, Dean Holdsworth, has his own thoughts on the next man.

Jimmy Phillips and Peter Reid had been given assurances they would remain in charge until Anderson’s surprise announcement about a shortlist of three.

The interim management team has not won in their five games so far and saw a first point snatched away at the death against Middlesbrough on Saturday.

But both men have impressed the Wanderers hierarchy in the way they have gone about the task of adding some order to a relegated side after a disastrous start at Bristol City.

Phillips could not provide an update on the management situation when asked after Saturday’s defeat.

“I honestly can’t say what is happening at the moment,” said the academy boss. “Only Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth can really tell us what their thoughts are, so the question is for them.”

Kevin Nolan sat out Leyton Orient’s 3-2 victory at home to Dagenham and Redbridge in League Two at the weekend, having stepped down as manager at Brisbane Road last week.

The 33-year-old will remain with the O’s in a playing capacity until the end of the season but has been hotly tipped to return to Wanderers in some guise next season.

Odds on Southend United boss Phil Brown making a return to Wanderers remain short but the compensation required to buy him out of his remaining two years at Roots Hall is understood to be around £500,000.

Brown’s side have lost ground in the play-off race and now look almost certain to be playing their football in the same division as Wanderers next season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

48Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 10:39

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This is a bit of a non story in my eyes. He's not ruled himself out publicly. This is just the Bolton news telling us a couple of his mates reckon he doesn't fancy it. If he really wasn't interested he'd come out and say so. 

If I ring the Bolton news and tell them I'm a close friend of Pep Guardiola and he's decided he's not going to City anymore he's coming here instead, does that make it true?

49Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 10:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:This is a bit of a non story in my eyes. He's not ruled himself out publicly. This is just the Bolton news telling us a couple of his mates reckon he doesn't fancy it. If he really wasn't interested he'd come out and say so. 

If I ring the Bolton news and tell them I'm a close friend of Pep Guardiola and he's decided he's not going to City anymore he's coming here instead, does that make it true?
give it a try, Iles will believe anything  Very Happy

50Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 13:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As I said for years never believe a single word from anyone from BWFC or the BEN until contracts are signed and pictures are in the paper.
Should the Wider rumor be true than the job falls to someone who is currently out of work and nobody else wants...much like some of our players. Evil or Very Mad
Does anybody know if we had to pay off Lennon or did he walk away for free...... never saw anything written about that.

51Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I understand Lennon didn't want a payoff and did the right thing.
We don't know what's true re Wilder. I just hope that whoever comes in has the requisite turd-polishing skills.

52Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 13:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can see Peter Reid and / or Kevin Nolan in charge until late this year. Brown will then take over after parting company with Southend due to a disappointing start to the season.

53Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 16:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Apparently Wilder has not ruled himself out, well according to Northampton Chronicle.

54Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 17:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southend have gone right off the boil recently so they may get shut anyway.

55Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Mon Apr 18 2016, 22:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wilder bemused by Bolton link and says he ‘very relaxed’ about his future at Cobblers

Chris Wilder is ‘very, very relaxed’ regarding his future at the Cobblers, and says he is mystified by the stories linking him to the vacant manager’s job at Bolton Wanderers.

The Town boss is still the bookies’ favourite to take over at the Macron Stadium, but Wilder says there has been no contact with Northampton from Bolton, or any other club.

Press reports in the north west today are stating that Wilder has ‘ruled himself out’ of the running for the job, and the Town boss admits he is a little bemused by the situation.

“Our club hasn’t received any approach from anybody, and I don’t talk about speculation or anything, so I don’t understand how I can be ruled out or ruled in,” said Wilder.

“I am manager of this football club, and until the chairman gets an approach from somebody and tells me, as I’m sure he would do, then my focus is 100 per cent here and carrying on the work we have done.”

Wilder was talking ahead of the Cobblers’ clash with Crawley Town at Sixfields on Tuesday night, the club’s first home game since they were crowned champions of Sky Bet League Two thanks to Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Exeter City.

As well as being quizzed about the Bolton link, Wilder was also asked if it is going to be difficult to hold on to his impressive squad of players.

There is little doubt some players will be on the radar of other clubs thanks to their impressive performances throughout the season, but with all of the current squad all under contract next season apart from Danny Rose, Josh Lelan, Paul Corry, Chris Hackett and Evan Horwood, Wilder says he is ‘very, very relaxed’ about theirs and his own future at Sixfields.

“The players are under contract, and I am under contract, and my position is pretty straightforward, and it’s the same with the players,” said Wilder, who is on a one-year rolling contract.

“We have worked hard to get to where we are, we have worked very hard to turn this club from being a team that was going out of the Football League, into a team that will hopefully win the division comfortably.

“There are a lot of good things that have happened at this club, and one of the things is the recruitment of the players, and the development of the players into a team.

“In that there is, and there always will be, players that step out and become attractive to other football clubs.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

56Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 12:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The statement that there has been no contact with BWFC implies that all 3 stories regarding Chris Wilder published by the BN are completely fabricated.

Surely the BN wouldn't make things up and print them as if they were true?

Very annoying as Wilder is a decent manager with the skillset ideal for the job we need doing.

57Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 12:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wilder was one of three on a second Interview according to BN yet the guy himself says no approach was made, so these articles are a waste of ink, lets see what happens

58Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 13:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:wilder was one of three on a second Interview according to BN yet the guy himself says no approach was made, so these articles are a waste of ink, lets see what happens
At a time when the fans want to hear some positive news - or at least some news - about our club's plans for next season and beyond, it is more than irresponsible for the BN to start inventing entire story lines and creating false hope amongst an already battered fanbase.

I accept that the relationship between the club and the local media hasn't been the best, but you would hope that the new regime would have recognised that and would have made some effort to establish clear lines of communication and an agreement with BN to manage speculation.

However the fact of the matter is that someone has lied to the fans they serve - either BN or the Northants Chronicle - as their articles directly contradict one another.
Sadly, with their track record, I suspect it's the BN.
If anyone has contact with the BN they should be asked about the extensive column inches they have fabricated about Chris Wilder just to disappoint the very Bolton fans they supposedly serve.

59Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 13:51

In another (non football-related) article, the BN is today running a poll, the question for which is:

Have you ever queued to get in a shop?

(Seriously, I'm not making that up.)

That is the calibre of the paper nowadays.....

60Wanderers want Wilder - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Tue Apr 19 2016, 14:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:In another (non football-related) article, the BN is today running a poll, the question for which is:

Have you ever queued to get in a shop?

(Seriously, I'm not making that up.)

That is the calibre of the paper nowadays.....

Only at the Ye Olde Pasty Shoppe in town.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum