Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers want Wilder

+24
JohannesburgWanderer
Diadora
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wanderlust
FullofSprite
Norpig
gloswhite
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 12:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?
Do you really expect that to work kp? Honestly? Smile

Why shouldn't I be allowed to voice how I feel about your constant negativity?
I would be the last to say you should disagree but surely you can see that posting nothing but troll or go and support someone else isn't exactly a reasoned form of debate. If you want something positive then post it, with your reason for believing it. But you'd better accept that telling me to shut up or go away then demanding the right to post whatever you want yourself is at least silly and at worst hypocritical.

Either way I'm going to continue posting what I think, negative or not with my reasons for thinking it and if you want to change my mind then show me something that's reasoned to do it. I don't mind admitting I'm wrong, in fact the only way to learn is to listen but so far all I learn from you is that you know how to spell troll and #killingthesite. Not exactly stuff that's going to make Oxford University sit up and take notice is it?

Come on boggers, if you think I'm wrong to be so negative then say WHY please. Who knows? I might just learn something and agree with you.

82Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 13:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You keep banging on about intelligence. Are you so desperate for strangers on a forum to think you are some sort of Einstein? Call me stupid all you like, ill still sleep soundly at night

83Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 13:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I appreciate your optimism Nat - after all we've had a crap season to endure and a bit of positivity is a rare commodity this year. The issue is that your writing style involves stating speculation as fact - and to be honest I wish I didn't feel obliged to put a load of caveats and disclaimers to everything I say just to minimise the nitpicking.

Now we all know that a lot of the threads are purely about speculating e.g. who will be the next manager or will Holding be sold etc. so I have some sympathy with you i.e. it could be assumed that when you write a statement like "we will get £7 million for Holding" it means "I think we'll get £7 million for Holding" but at the end of the day it's an opinion and not a fact and some of what you write comes across as if you are stating facts.

And opinions are there to be discussed and compared so if LPP or anyone else wants to say that they disagree with that opinion for reason x, y or z they are entitled to do so and it's not being negative towards the club. People on her for the most part love the club.

Suggesting we were going to get relegated unless a miracle happened half way through last season was simply a matter of raising genuine concerns and wasn't in any way being negative - just realistic.

That's the way things will remain until we get to the point that positive thinking is proven to make the team perform better - but on the evidence of your predictions last term it looks more like the opposite is true at the moment.

84Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 14:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could the troll please stop.

85Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 15:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wilder has turned down a move to Charlton

86Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 15:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has he boggers? Is that confirmed and if so did he say why he turned it down?

87Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 15:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charlton released a statement saying they were unable to reach an agreement.

88Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 15:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never mind boggers. Just seen it on SSN. Interesting that Northampton gave him permission to talk to Charlton and said they couldn't match the budget etc that Charlton would be able to give him if he went there. It makes it less likely than ever that he'd come here if that was the case imo. Perhaps he just feels happy where he is and wants to carry on doing what he's doing given that the Northampton chairman also stated that he and Wilder had already turned down several other offers together.

89Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 16:00

To be fair to boggers lpp, name calling from either side put to one side, one of the reasons ive not been on as much is because,  whether it is misguided or not, I'm a bit miffed at so much negativity at the moment. 

The embargo, whilst shit, is looking to be sorted. Ken himself has stated he is searching for funds to get us in a position to recruit if necessary.

Until he proves other wise i don't see any reason to not beleive or trust him. 

The stories being put out that there is a rift in the camp absolutely stinks of the supporters trust trying to dampen the excitement of the new regime before is even got going. 

The new dynamic duo of keano anderworth bought a bag of shit basically.  And in doing so they stopped that bag of shit being a flaming bag of shit on the doorstep of the hmrc.  Whether that is just for the time being or not,  now we dont have 180 million debt, mythical or not, we are a much better proposition should we gave to look for new owners again. 

Whilst it is also sad that staff have had to be let go,  the stories of how this was done again sounds like (to me,  and this is my opinion) like propaganda being put out by certain elements to cause a rift. 

You can say everything is conjecture on my part. But isn't practically everything that has been said negatively also conjecture? 

It is like everyone is hoping they will fail. Almost willing it to happen. 

I hope they don't, But if they do then i will hold my hands up. But writing them off before they have even had a chance to show what they can do is just ridiculous. 

Sorry for knicking your post length lpp.  And i don't mean that I'm fed up with anyone in here at all. I just think it is time to get behind them and let's see what they can do.

90Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 16:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Johnny, I think what bothers me most about the embargo is the fact that it should have been the number one priority for the new owners, especially when they realised we'd need a new manager. I don't want them to fail at all, in fact I want them to sign Pep Guardiola, Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and the entire Leicester City squad and win the premiership, fa cup, league cups and champions league in three years after winning L1, the FA Cup, the League cup next year and the Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League the year after (giving us entry into the CL a year early). Very Happy

Sadly I don't see it happening. But what I most want to see in reality is that damned embargo lifted. We simply can't expect to attract a new manager of any real ability while it's in place. "Working on it" is fine for a few weeks but this is about a set of books that have been overdue for several months now and still haven't been filed. How can the owners even know what's required to get the embargo lifted if the league hasn't even seen the books and doesn't know what the real picture is.

Whether there is a rift between Ken and Dean is of course purely speculative at this point. I suspect they're on the same page as to what they want by and large but may have slightly different viewpoints on how to get it. After all Anderson is primarily a businessman, he looks at cold hard numbers first and foremost while Dean is more of a "football" man (if that's the right word) and looks at things more like a fan than a director of a multi million pound company.

I'm behind BWFC all the way but I'm not sure that Ken and Dean are taking us forward at all as yet. There's a lot of silence out there being filled with speculation and precious few facts. But I think even boggers and Nat and all the others who call me negative would admit that while the embargo exists we're not likely to bring in any really worthwhile candidates for the manager's job.

91Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 16:27

Just out of interest had anyone on here ever tried to have a transfer embargo lifted?  Is it just as simple as showing the books? Maybe they need to update the books and show they are in a better position before showing them to get the embargo lifted. I don't think it is as simple as that,  as showing the books now may mean a lengthier spell of being banned from transfers. Where as if they wait and get their shit together and the club on a better financial footing then it may not come to that. 

So in answer to why it hasn't been sorted yet,  imo, it's because there is other things to sort so we aren't left worse off

92Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Boggers pack it in mate, eh?

Out of line.

Boggers is right on this one. LPP enjoys posting negative shite.

93Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 17:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nope. I simply post what I see. If that's negative then so be it but I won't post things I don't believe so if you're looking for me to change then get used to disappointment.

If you think there's something positive to say about the club's current circumstances other than the fact we still exist (a big positive in its own right of course) then let's hear it. I for one would love to hear some good news coming from the Macron for a change and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

94Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 17:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Peter, It's the fact that you interpret every bit of news that comes out of bwfc as negative. You are NEVER happy, for example, we finally get new owners who save us from oblivion, but to your they're nothing more than Cowboys without a pot to piss in. (Based on what?)

We recieve interest for Holding and you straight away say we'll get a pittance for him even though we have rejected a pathetic offer from Arsenal

95Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 17:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nope. I simply post what I see.

You said Bolton were the equivalent of a pub team.

Please show me this pub team that has a turnover in the millions. Please show me this pub team that gets over 12,000 people for every home game.

Looking forward to your reply.

96Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 17:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Peter, It's the fact that you interpret every bit of news that comes out of bwfc as negative. You are NEVER happy, for example, we finally get new owners who save us from oblivion, but to your they're nothing more than Cowboys without a pot to piss in. (Based on what?)

We recieve interest for Holding and you straight away say we'll get a pittance for him even though we have rejected a pathetic offer from Arsenal
I base my opinion (and unlike you I don't claim to be ITK so it is just an opinion) on what I see and hear from the club, Sky Sports News, the BBC and other reputable media outlets (not the BN) and so far since the takeover I haven't seen anything that makes me feel positive. Obviously I was delighted and still am that Dean and Ken stepped in to stop us being wound up or put into administration but since then it's become clear from their own public statements that they don't have the resources to do anything else. For instance the embargo which no matter how much anyone might wish otherwise is a massive millstone around the club's neck, especially at a time when we don't have a manager.

Come on boggers, for one moment just ask this question. If the new owners had the resources to do it surely they should have made getting rid of the embargo their absolute number one priority. Instead we're seeing them axeing staff left and right to cut outgoings (fair enough) and issuing statements they then have to retract about having a new manager ready. Add to that the fact Ken himself said they need a further 3 million just to keep the place afloat next season. Does that sound like they've got money to play with now?

As to Holding and the other players, my opinion is that we won't get anything like the numbers being bandied about (10 mil, 7 mil or even 5) because other clubs know damned well they don't need to pay that. It's very much a buyer's market for our guys right now and maybe that will change IF we get further investment but until then we aren't in a position of strength at the bargaining table. That said I am very pleased Arsenal's offer was rejected, in truth I'd prefer to keep Holding, Clough and a few others like them and not sell them at all. If Ken is going to put massive tags on them in order to put off other clubs because he doesn't want to sell them at all I'm right behind him and I think that would be hugely positive.

However if the embargo stays as it is and other investment isn't forthcoming fairly soon then I suspect we will wind up with a fire sale if only to pay the wages of what you and Nat so rightly call the "overpaid ponces".

I'm worried about the future of our club and if saying so makes me a negative nelly in yours or anyone else's eyes then so be it. When I see something to be positive about I'll be happy to shout it from the rooftops but ONLY if I believe it's real and not just more of Iles and Nixon's overactive imaginations.

97Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 18:04

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Nope. I simply post what I see.

You said Bolton were the equivalent of a pub team.

Please show me this pub team that has a turnover in the millions. Please show me this pub team that gets over 12,000 people for every home game.

Looking forward to your reply.
Because you've never used hyperbole in your life have you Nat? And people claim I can't see their attempts at humour. That's what it was, a piece of gallows humour albeit with a serious point behind it.

We are in one hell of a mess, the embargo, the lack of money and the way the back room staff are being decimated all combine to make us a less than attractive proposition to managerial candidates. If we weren't then it wouldn't have taken more than three months to replace the last guy with still no end in sight to that process.

Even more worryingly in my opinion is the statement from Ken Anderson that only ONE candidate has actually met both him and Dean Holdsworth. Not to mention the "We're going to announce our new manager next week" in the match programme that then got withdrawn hurriedly.

If this situation isn't worrying you then you're wearing happy clappers blinkers with rose tinted eyepieces. I wish you well with them but I refuse to put them on myself.

98Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 18:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Just out of interest had anyone on here ever tried to have a transfer embargo lifted?  Is it just as simple as showing the books? Maybe they need to update the books and show they are in a better position before showing them to get the embargo lifted. I don't think it is as simple as that,  as showing the books now may mean a lengthier spell of being banned from transfers. Where as if they wait and get their shit together and the club on a better financial footing then it may not come to that. 

So in answer to why it hasn't been sorted yet,  imo, it's because there is other things to sort so we aren't left worse off

IIRC, I'm sure something was said that it was more or less just a technicality.

The way I remember it (and I've not looked back to check) goes something like this.

In order to sign off the accounts a statement about the clubs ability to trade over the following twelve months had to be made but with Davies pulling the plug on his future involvement and the club at the time not being sold, that statement could not be made.  This it turn meant according to the Football Leagues rules we were placed on a transfer embargo.

To lift the embargo therefore the now new owners needed to submit the accounts - which are according to Companies House still outstanding.

As far as I can understand nothing much can happen until the accounts up to June 15 are first sorted out and submitted.

I did say more or less this several weeks back but seemed to take a lot of stick at the time from some for being so negative (I was simply being factual - no hidden agenda - but for the sake of argument or upsetting anyone I have backed off commenting too much about the finances since).

Personally I can't see much benefit in appointing any manager until the accounts are sorted out unless the club goes down the route of having a 'coach manager' - ie someone who makes the best of the players he is presented with and has no say (or very little) on transfers in or out.

Holdsworth and Phillips are both at the club and have held league managerial positions and so to has Reid although I don't know if or how he is tied to the club - so right now I can see the logic in not having the need to jump for a manager as they can't offer them anything in way of a transfer budget and seemingly having to sell any player we can.  They might as well save the budget for a managers post as long as they can - and if push comes to shove go in house again.

There are one or two other things that I could speculate on (and on the ST too!) but I 'get' that a growing number feel that they don't want to read what they may perceive to be 'negative' issues after the long and depressing season that we have suffered, so I will save them for another day or will gladly pm them on to anybody who may wish to hear them.

99Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 19:17

Diadora

Diadora
David Ngog
David Ngog

Sheff Utd in for Wilder now

100Wanderers want Wilder - Page 5 Empty Re: Wanderers want Wilder Wed May 11 2016, 19:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Applicants for the hot seat check out the prize.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum