Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 50]

441How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 20 2021, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has been rumbling along since the referendum but it seems that the Tories have rejected the Lords’ bill amendments to protect the NHS and UK patients personal data so now they have a free hand to sell off the NHS to the Americans just as the so-called Project Fear predicted.
Details of the sellout here.

442How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 20 2021, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

443How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 20 2021, 11:02

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hilarious....but tragic!      

444How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 20 2021, 12:53

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And yet some people still don't realise that Boris is a pathological liar.

445How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 20 2021, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

And yet some people still don't realise that Boris is a pathological liar.
TBF they haven't actually sold off the NHS yet but I genuinely can't see any other possible reason for voting down the protection clauses if not to clear the decks for that to happen.
And it's unlikely that the Americans will be rushing to get round the table with the Tories any time soon especially as the EU launched it's charm offensive today and they have a deal with China in the pipeline so I think the NHS is safe for a while yet.

446How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 24 2021, 16:06

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 VwX85jr

447How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 24 2021, 16:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

sunlight wrote:How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 VwX85jr

Try finding a Tory who can actually understand what is wrong with this or who cares.

448How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jan 24 2021, 16:21

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:

Try finding a Tory who can actually understand what is wrong with this or who cares.
Exactly.

449How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 25 2021, 09:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

Is it only the Tories that eat in the restaurant, (I nearly said canteen)? I haven't heard too much complaining from the other parties.

450How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Is it only the Tories that eat in the restaurant, (I nearly said canteen)? I haven't heard too much complaining from the other parties.How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Animalfarmpigsx-1200

451How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Is it only the Tories that eat in the restaurant, (I nearly said canteen)? I haven't heard too much complaining from the other parties.
Other parties have complained a lot about the pittance allocated to school meals - which is actually what the point made was about Glos.

452How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, but my point is that none of them are boycotting the establishment, and I can't imagine them taking sandwiches in to work.

453How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 26 2021, 19:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It took one day of "scrutiny" to force through the Brexit Bill, but now the government claim there is no time to scrutinise the Environment Bill properly. 

Meanwhile the colossal waste of money and the huge environmental damage that are involved in building HS2 continue.

Fairly plain where the government's priorities lie. Did Brexit distract them from giving adequate attention to the virus?

454How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jan 26 2021, 22:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Nothing distracts them from looking after the rich.

455How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 08:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Shameful stuff from Jenrick doing the rounds on TV this morning, barefacedly defending the government's response to the pandemic.

Both Sky (passionately) and the BBC (politely) listed all the many shocking failings. When you hear them all reeled off one after the other, it is truly horrendous., but Jenrick had a script to stick to, maintaining the party line which was revealed as a completely inadequate set of actions (or non-actions!)

He didn't mention his own failure to comply with the lockdown rules twice.

Seemed totally oblivious to how he was coming across to the nation, as a hard-hearted denier of the facts in the image of Trump.

456How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 09:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure why you expect anything else. If your boss told you to do something, would you do the opposite knowing you would get the sack?

Of course you wouldn't.

457How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 15:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I agree....he was sent out to face the cameras to spout what he was told to....in other words, to do the PM's dirty work for him. Better than hiding in a fridge for our increasingly inarticulate coward, eh, Boris?

But when Jenrick was asked what HE would regret personally, he had the perfect opportunity to say sorry for breaking Boris' lockdown rules, as per Cummings, and for setting a terrible example to the nation...an example which has sadly been followed by too many members of the public.

And now. when Asia's example of how to prevent the spread of the disease through banning people arriving by plane (at last!), our hero bottles it by failing to make it a blanket ban. He is a coward who doesn't like to be seen as too strict with the result that far more citizens have died than necessary. (See Christmas ludicrous relaxation of the rules!)

PS Jenrick is the worst of those who have favoured their mates in blatant acts of cronyism.

458How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 21:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:I agree....he was sent out to face the cameras to spout what he was told to....in other words, to do the PM's dirty work for him. Better than hiding in a fridge for our increasingly inarticulate coward, eh, Boris?

But when Jenrick was asked what HE would regret personally, he had the perfect opportunity to say sorry for breaking Boris' lockdown rules, as per Cummings, and for setting a terrible example to the nation...an example which has sadly been followed by too many members of the public.

And now. when Asia's example of how to prevent the spread of the disease through banning people arriving by plane (at last!), our hero bottles it by failing to make it a blanket ban. He is a coward who doesn't like to be seen as too strict with the result that far more citizens have died than necessary. (See Christmas ludicrous relaxation of the rules!)

PS Jenrick is the worst of those who have favoured their mates in blatant acts of cronyism.
I agree with most of this Okocha, but would pull out one point where I feel you cannot fully blame Boris. This is the Christmas break. He would have been damned if he did, and damned if he didn't, but what you didn't mention was the even though we had all been given a days grace to mix, we still had the choice as to whether we did or not.
To go against common sense, and then blame the government for it just because they said you could, doesn't hold water. If you remember, at the time they strongly advised against mixing.

459How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 22:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

His job is to lead, Glos. 

And the first duty of government is to protect the country's citizens.

FOUR days of celebration! What did our ministers think would happen??!  

Failure to follow the example of successful countries' lockdown strategies promptly has cost many lives.

460How is the Tory government doing? - Page 23 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 27 2021, 23:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't disagree with your last comment, however look back over the last year and see how many people interpreted the rules always to their benefit. Look how much traffic is on the road now. It seems that a very high percentage of our country are so important front-liners that they can ignore most things, and just carry on, regardless of what they are advised. It would also seem that if we are locked up and told to stay in, and awful of the population will suffer from some form of mental illness. Its down to the individual at the end of the day, and we all know the rules will be broken in some form or another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum