Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

801How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 14:16

Sluffy wrote:

You don't fly a Palestine flag in a Muslim area of Glasgow if you aren't anti-Semitic

Go on, try and explain why you think that.

And as for prejudicial views, aren't you the one who said you wouldn't want a Romanian as a neighbour?

802How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 14:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

You don't fly a Palestine flag in a Muslim area of Glasgow if you aren't anti-Semitic

Go on, try and explain why you think that.

And as for prejudicial views, aren't you the one who said you wouldn't want a Romanian as a neighbour?

I believe that was Nigel Farage.

Fwiw my next door neighbour are Romanian and they are delightful - although like anyone else there are good and bad Romanians as there are English, or from any other country you'd care to name.

My other neighbours include Turkish, Algerian, Polish, Kosovan, Pakistani (my best mate is a pakistani Muslim fwiw) and Indian - and all of whom know me well and are on first name terms - so please don't try to play the race card with me.

As for the Palestine flag - simply show me anyone flying any flag at anytime in the UK (outside of sporting events) when they aren't trying to show some form of political statement - and they certainly aren't exactly neutral in their view of Israel right now are they?

Thousands of people have marched through central London in support of the Palestinians amid ongoing fighting between Israel and militants in Gaza.

The organisers of the protest called on the UK government to stop allowing what they described as "Israel's brutal violence against and oppression of the Palestinian people".

Demonstrators marched to the Israeli embassy chanting "free Palestine".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57127628

803How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 15:15

Do you think being pro-Palestine is anti-semitic?

Farage said it, and you agreed with him as I remember it. Which is clearly a prejudice view.

804How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 16:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Do you think being pro-Palestine is anti-semitic?

Farage said it, and you agreed with him as I remember it. Which is clearly a prejudice view.

Not necessarily, I'm pro-Palestine and not anti-semetic, but I'd hazard a guess that most of those protesting and flag waving (particularly in the Muslim community in Glasgow) are.

I can't recall what I wrote at the time of the Farage comment, although I suspect it may have been in the context that generally most people would prefer to live amongst their own kind rather than others such as immigrants from abroad - as exampled throughout history where people tend to want to move on from areas once other communities and cultures move in - that's why areas become synonymous with certain political, religious or ethnic groups over time.

For example I'm a native of Halliwell and remember the very first black family moving into the area - in fact Iqbal Mohammed became my best mate at school.

(Wonder if he reads this - if so hello old friend, hope you are well!)

Halliwell has clearly changed in the years since then though -

Ethnicity

In Bolton as a whole 18.1% of the population are from Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities. The BME community in Crompton/Halliwell neighbourhood is notably higher than average at 28.1%, or 9,585 people.

As is to be expected given the higher than average BME population, there is also a significant number of residents within the Crompton/Halliwell neighbourhood whose main language is not English – 4.2%, or 1,430 people; across the borough 2.3% of the population do not have English as their main language.

https://www.bolton.gov.uk/downloads/file/1814/neighbourhoods-crompton-and-halliwell

The document seems to be somewhat dated (2011) but I suggest it is still representative of the trend that has taken place since the 1960's.

If you believe I'm prejudice or racist then you clearly don't know me at all.

The only hard evidence I can offer in my support is that I have asked people from the BAME community such as Keegan to become an integral part of the running of this site and we are all the much better off because of it - not because he or others are Black or minority ethnic but because they were the best people for the job at the time - and still are!

805How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 16:14

I don’t know you. All I know is what you post on here, and that includes a view that is clearly prejudice.

If you don’t hold the same view any more that’s great.

Ok so the point on the Palestine flags really boils down to you think a few people on the other end of the flag might be anti-Semitic. 

As there’s no way of knowing Im sure you’ll agree that’s not a fact - so is it enlightening in anyway?

806How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 16:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I don’t know you. All I know is what you post on here, and that includes a view that is clearly prejudice.

If you don’t hold the same view any more that’s great.

Ok so the point on the Palestine flags really boils down to you think a few people on the other end of the flag might be anti-Semitic. 

As there’s no way of knowing Im sure you’ll agree that’s not a fact - so is it enlightening in anyway?

I've never held the view you somehow believed I did in the first place - so I haven't had need to changed it from what it always has been.

Did I ever claim as a fact that the people in Glasgow were anti-Semetic - I don't believe I did.

Sluffy wrote:I also don't think too many 'British' people fly the Palestine outside their house as the picture clearly shows - particularly at a time that they are firing rockets into Israel and killing innocent people including a 5 year old boy.
Sluffy wrote:Do I think a Palestinian flag should be flying in a Muslim area of Glasgow whilst there are people killing and being killed there right now - no I don't.
Sluffy wrote:You don't fly a Palestine flag in a Muslim area of Glasgow if you aren't anti-Semitic and I didn't claim the protesters didn't know who they were supporting but I strongly suspect many didn't.

As for it being enlightening -

Enlighten
verb

1. give (someone) greater knowledge and understanding about a subject or situation.

...then yes I believe my comment brought wider knowledge and a bit more understanding to the debate even if you clearly don't.

807How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 17:04

You never said you wouldn’t want to live next door to a Romanian family?

And on the flags - yes, you’re right actually. Now we know that maybe someone in the crowd might hold anti-Semitic views the feel good factor is totally gone.

Could apply nonsense ‘logic’ like that to any situation.

808How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 17:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You never said you wouldn’t want to live next door to a Romanian family?

And on the flags - yes, you’re right actually. Now we know that maybe someone in the crowd might hold anti-Semitic views the feel good factor is totally gone.

Could apply nonsense ‘logic’ like that to any situation.

If you have some old quote of mine then post it and provide the link so we can all see what I'd wrote and in what context - I'm certainly not ashamed of anything I've said in real life never mind the internet.

And I couldn't give a fuck what you think about me or my logic.

There's a Palastinian flag flying in a Muslim area (the article states that not me!) of Glasgow - if you 'believe' whoever flew it 'loves' Israelis who have subjugated their nation for 60 years and bombing the hell out of Gazza right now, then feel free to do so, I believe the more reasoned view is that they are anti-Semitic.

Hey but that's just my nonsense logic though...

As for it spoiling your feel good factor from the story...

Yeah right...

If you say so.

809How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 18:10

It’s possible to not be an antisemite but also not love Israel. Not sure why you’ve put that in quotes as if I had implied otherwise.

Again you are trying to overly simplify views on a complex issue which you haven’t taken the time to understand.

810How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 18:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:It’s possible to not be an antisemite but also not love Israel. Not sure why you’ve put that in quotes as if I had implied otherwise.

Again you are trying to overly simplify views on a complex issue which you haven’t taken the time to understand.

???

I've put nothing in quotes other than what's in the quote feature.

You're clearly just arguing for arguing sake now - which is always your default position - your 'shtick' as you like to say.

I seem to recall that you voluntarily accepted that wasn't beneficial to the site and wasn't going to do so anymore...?

Still its kept me amused on an otherwise quiet Sunday afternoon for me.

I would have thought you might have had better things to do with your time though, but clearly not.

Hope things liven up a lot more for you this evening!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

811How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 18:57

There’s nothing to argue, you made a couple of flawed comments and I’ve straightened you out. 

And you recall wrong I’m afraid, I said I’d stop engaging with you for the good of the site. I haven’t managed that too well to be fair.

812How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 19:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy
How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47euswcehm6m5xca86w3hlgr42kutcl499b8rev89d&rid=giphy

813How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 20:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote: I said I’d stop engaging with you for the good of the site. I haven’t managed that too well to be fair.

Ever thought about seeking therapy?

814How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 21:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:There’s nothing to argue, you made a couple of flawed comments and I’ve straightened you out. 

And you recall wrong I’m afraid, I said I’d stop engaging with you for the good of the site. I haven’t managed that too well to be fair.

Hahaha, really!!!

If you say so...

...I don't believe I did but it's good to know a grown man like you is dedicating himself to policing an almost desolute forum in order to identify and correct any potential "flawed comments" a random, aged, stranger such as myself may make.

And I thought my life was somewhat dull and unexciting these days!!!

:rofl:

Anyway I'm sure you'd like to know (if you didn't already) that the Good Law Project's, Judicial Review in respect of the governments PPE contracts starts tomorrow.

Let's see if any smoking guns are finally revealed!

Although GLP have seemed to changed their legal tack (if not their social media one) and now seems to be seeking judgement based on contracts being awarded after the first wave by the VIP route - their arguement being there was no longer an urgent need anymore and thus normal the tendering process should have replaced the emergency ones (nothing about sleaze or cronyism!).

As we now know a second wave did hit us (and even now - a year on from the first wave ending we have concerns about the Indian varient - and how it may impact on the hospitals) so I would imagine the governments case would be reasonably strong to refute this arguement?

It all depends ultimately on the judges interpretation of the written legislation that the government acted upon - and if the judge believes they did so correctly (note nothing about sleaze or cronyism again!).

Anyway we shall see!

Should be fun!

Very Happy

815How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 21:34

The owner telling me I should have better things to do than post on a football forum, and his assistant telling me I should seek therapy for doing so Laughing.

Brilliant, can’t believe the post count isn’t higher.

816How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 21:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:The owner telling me I should have better things to do than post on a football forum, and his assistant telling me I should seek therapy for doing so Laughing.

Fwiw I didn't say that.

What I did say was simply taking the piss out of you being so far up your own arse as to be telling everyone that it was clearly important enough to you to 'straighten out' a couple of 'flawed comments' which in your opinion I had made!!!

I bet I'm not the only one who laughed at you for that!

And I'm not the site owner, just one of the original founders.

Karly and BTID are more worthy of that title than myself - although I like to think we all own the site and are all as equal as each other on here.

So stop being so precious about yourself.

Post if you want to, leave if you don't - it's your choice whatever you'd like to do.

817How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 22:03

I don’t think anyone else is reading this never mind laughing at your flawed comments to be honest Sluffy so I wouldnt worry about that if I were you.

Not sure what you’re referring to in my behaviour being precious but just to be clear I wasn’t bothered by either of the comments I just thought they were a bit ridiculous given who they came from. And certainly no danger of me leaving :like:.

818How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 16 2021, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I don’t think anyone else is reading this never mind laughing at your flawed comments to be honest Sluffy so I wouldnt worry about that if I were you.

Not sure what you’re referring to in my behaviour being precious but just to be clear I wasn’t bothered by either of the comments I just thought they were a bit ridiculous given who they came from. And certainly no danger of me leaving :like:.

Thanks, although I wasn't worried over anybody laughing at my comments - flawed or not - I was laughing at you!

I do think we get a few readers - maybe not too many on this thread perhaps - but I have seen the content of posts that I've made posted over on WW a short time later on a number of occasions - the Gartside Leaving thread for instance being a recent example of such.

I've no problem with it though as we all support the same club, I merely mention it to evidence that people from other forums views us even though they might not like to admit openly to it!

Good to hear you're not leaving, I enjoy your posts even if you do consider some of mine to be flawed and in need of straightening out!!!

affraid

819How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon May 17 2021, 00:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought this fitted in quite neatly to what I'd previously been saying about the Palestinian flag wavers...

Four men arrested in anti-Semitism video investigation

Police have arrested four men in connection with a video which appeared to show anti-Semitic abuse being shouted from a car in north London.

Boris Johnson earlier condemned the "shameful racism" aimed at British Jews, which had "no place" in society.

The person who filmed the video told the BBC they cried after witnessing the scene, adding: "I don't feel safe."

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said the incident was "utterly disgusting", adding: "There must be consequences".

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57137151

820How is the Tory government doing? - Page 41 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon May 17 2021, 02:19

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

T.R.O.Y. wrote:The owner telling me I should have better things to do than post on a football forum, and his assistant telling me I should seek therapy for doing so Laughing.

Hahaha|||||||||||||||| Very Happy Very Happy

The forum is in it's dying throes TROY. As you reminded me previously, it's not worth getting wound up about. In no time at all there will be nobody else left on the site for our glorious leader to "enlighten and inform", except for his pathetic lapdog assistant and the ever popular 50p. I'm sure they'll keep one another happy composing endless vital posts about James Vince and Marcus Rashford and attract loads and loads of vibrant new posters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum