Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nigerian Scouting thread.

+21
kennster
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
WhiteBic
Fanny Fluffer BWFC
BoltonTillIDie
mark leach
Numpty 28723
bwfc71
largehat
Mo
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Mr Magoo
Copper Dragon
Nigerianbolton
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 37]

81Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:26

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Mo wrote:Dar am sent you email but not get any reply. Am also show like you spotted by scouts but am explain to sluffy am not the scout.

sorry !! But i avnt seen any mail oh !!
to what adress did u send it ?

82Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think he might mean the 'personal messenger' on here - at least he contacted me via pm's.

Check to see if you have received any messages by looking at the top of any page - (underneath the pictures of the Bolton players) - where it says 'Messages'.

83Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:43

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

RT does well send me messages here. So if it was there, i wld have seen it before scrolling down plus there would have been an email notification on my fone.

84Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:35

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

nothing here

Last edited by Nigerianbolton on Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:47; edited 1 time in total

85Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:36

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 1

As day to day activities in the school goes on, various football competitions draws nearer, as a result of this, both departments and halls of the school have been gathering their best soccer players, organizing training and even friendly matches. To me this was an opportunity to go see them play and take to note the ones with good footballing skills. On an evening of a fine Friday, the boys in my department were said to have fixed a training session. As I was not occupied at the said time, I decided to opt and go see them play.

On getting there I saw enough familiar faces, only few which were especially the students in their second year were difficult for me to figure their identity. However, I was still able to identify Okah, a 2nd year student who trained with the senior boys in last session’s faculty’s tournament, but was only brought on to lay in one of the matches. The training ground was filled with boys eager to display their soccer talents, so the coach decided to play the much unknown players and figure out the best of them. Okah was quick to make it known that he had good footballing skills, he played upfront and most times looked composed with the ball, all he seem to need is a good coach to fine-tune him into someone like Caroll. Another player who played well enough to catch the attention of my eyeballs was Oba. He was playing upfront at the training but seems to be a good option to support a striker. He’s pretty good when driving in at opponents and was always an issue for the deffence line. As possible as I can I’ll try to mornior the team as they have more training sessions.

Spotted players

Okah Striker Mech
Oba Attacking Midfielder Mech

Video link is https://youtu.be/Szs2_hURQlA

86Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:56

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 2

On waking up after a long Saturday night, I looked out my room only to see some group of boys playing a five aside soccer game, I wasn’t about bothering to pay any attention until suddenly, I saw one of them playing some tricks on his mates. Then I felt maybe its worth going down to check on this boys and getting down there details. When I finally got down to the ground, I noticed it wasn’t only the guy that possessed the good footballing skills, I also noticed a guy playing alongside him. The name of the guy I saw at first was Deji, according to my findings, he played more as a deffenive midfielder, but the way he dazzles with the ball suggest he wouldn’t be a bad pick for an Holding midfielder. The other guy, Kunle was playing as a striker, and he displayed some nice techniques whenever he goes forward. Aside from this two, the rest on the pitch were just playing the game for the fun of it as they were not really talented.

Spotted Players

Deji Chemistry Deffensive midfield
Kunle Dentistry Forward

Video https://youtu.be/rY86Y9ufXn8

Kunle in d barca Jersey while Deji is the big guy in a pinkish top.

87Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some decent stuff Brother Dar. It's a pity the Groundsman doesn't take more pride in his work. He needs to get in touch with the accounts section and get some grass seed ordered. The pitch is in a shocking condition and could result in injuries.

Deji the dentist displayed some good ball control.

88Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:30

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 3

As usual, I began my weekend again with my scouting trip, and to be sure I get hold of a good footballing activity, I went to one of the pitch that is well visited by the school footballers. On a day like this it was meant to be nowhere else but the Tedder Hall of fame pitch. Here there were more than 30boys available to take onto the pitch, but the pitch is small, so there was only space for 5boys playing aside. As the two teams take to the pitch and battle it out, the other footballers stay out and watch until a goal is scored, this is when they would now replace the losing team. As the boys played on and on, I sat patiently up in a place, paying attention to the exhibition of talents at my site. Decided not to be in haste to take any clip, not until I saw one of the fresh students playing a very fantastic role for his team. He played at the back for is team and whenever he went forward he registered his point with the ball. So skillful and had good control of the ball. In fact, the video would speak better for me. I did little findings on him and I found out he is already in the hall team. He is in Geography and his name is Dapo. He’s got stamina and good command of he ball.

Spot the guy in the AC Milan jersey here

Video https://youtu.be/1WcamOxYkgo

89Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:31

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 4

On another chapter of my scouting expedition, I found myself this time in another hall in the school, this was kuti hall. A match was scheduled within the hall btwn students of one block and another. A friend of mine had already told me about it like 3days before, so I had it all planned to appear and watch the match. Bi ere bi ere, the match started as it was meant to, it was a tough battle btwn the two teams, both playing with five men aside but were allowed to bring in anybody at any time. All the boys played well, but the only one exceptional footballer I saw was Taye, who played from the midfield then upfront. When his other teammates were staggering, he went on and maintained his stands. He showed good composure with the ball and was okay when it comes to passing the ball. It wasn’t like he had so many tricks up his sleeves but he seems more like an all round team player. From the department of computer science, in his 3rd year and doesn’t look too grown to be precise.

Spot the guy wearing the red number 3 shirt

Video https://youtu.be/u4B-Of10r5E

90Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:35

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

more to come as we count down to ten reports today

91Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep them coming. Mr Crossley is most impressed.

92Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 12:11

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 5

As footballing competitions draws nearer, more and more teams were getting together and training on any available patch they see good enough to serve as a pitch. On this faithful day, I went alongside the boys in the department of physics, they are not that known for good football performances but I was till there to see if there was any chance of nicking out a diamond in the dirt. T physics team wasn’t a big team per say and as they all gathered up for the training session, they engaged themselves in some fitness activities, in which I joined up with them, this I kinda suspect burnt ma energy more and sped up my malaria attack as I was not use to going through exercises like that. After the exercise, they wasted no time in dividing the team into two and played against each other in the small region they found suitable for them to do so.

After they played together for a handful of minutes, I was able to understand why their footballing hasn’t been of too impressing lately. They lacked proper management, though I was actually able to spot two good footballers, both were playing against each other and were midfielders. One was named Tayo and the other is john. Both were not shy in going forward with the ball and carried their team along when oppressing the opponent.

Spot Tayo with the long yellow shorts and John with the red blue shot with no top.

Video https://youtu.be/7vuxLfwXqHY

93Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 12:13

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 6

I got a wonderful news about some organization trying to screen out some boys in other to build a new club team. It wasn’t like they were at the stage of welcoming wannabe soccer players, they were already past that stage, but in other to further screen out and trim the team to exactly what they want, and this was to take place in a playing complex a little bit outa school. Even though I guessed I wouldn’t be allowed to source for any players info, I decided to go watch in order to inform my employers with the mindset that they might want to do it on their own. So up to the task, I was there to see them as they did their thing. There numbers of good players, both young and old but I was only able to frisk out a name for a player who plays upfront and was sharp when it comes to snatching the ball from the middle and getting it towards goal. His name was Tijani, I wasn’t able to get an info more than that, but if they make a return, I sure would try and get more clues.

Video https://youtu.be/vJhHanhWw_o

94Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 12:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigerianbolton wrote:Report 6

His name was Tijani, I wasn’t able to get an info more than that, but if they make a return, I sure would try and get more clues.

Video https://youtu.be/vJhHanhWw_o

I'm liking the look of Tijuana, he looks like he could make a lot of brass.

95Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 12:57

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 7

Exactly the typer day I love witnessing when it comes to scouting, there was to be a match between two big halls in the school, this were Tedder and kuti Hall. This I so much like because it is sure to feature some players I have already in my database, the likes of Sam dollar, Christian Udo Sam, Kunle, Tope and Taye are from Kuti Hall. Also Tedder is the home for the young chap Dapo. My fingers were very crossed waiting to see which of this boys would get to play for their team. Christian Sam made the start of the match with Tope who ran things in the middle of the pitch, while Kunle and Sam Dollar were kept on Bench. On the Tedder side of the pitch, Dapo didn’t start but made the bench too.
As the match started, the tedder team were quick to overpower their opponents with their giant looking players. The kuti team instead tried on slowing down the tempo of the game in order to get composed and play good football. In no time, the Kuti team were shocked as the Tedder team were able to get one in after series of attacks were made with long balls flooding the final area of the kuti team. Christian had a rough time playing as the man he was to mark and secure the area was way taller than him and cause of this he paid dearly by being secong whenever the guy makes a run towards the goal area. As for Tope, he did well whenever he was with the ball but as it was a team problem, his impact was rarely seen.

As the teams got back for the final half of the match, the kuti Team seemed more relaxed and brought in some players who helped them balance up the game or was due to the fact that the tedder team was a little exhausted. Before the Teddder team could do one or two things to continue oppressing ther opponents, the Kuti team floated a Freekick towards the net and with all thanks to a last minute deflection, the keeper was helpless and the teams were back even. The rest off the game was something one could call a balance threat from both sides and it went on and on till the refree brought the game to an end.

Video https://youtu.be/JBZVqmZ2Kbg

96Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 12:59

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 8

Decided to visit one of the halls I haven’t been visiting on my scouting, this was the Mellanby Hall, the hall wasn’t actually known as a good site for football, but they do play football there. On a Saturday morning I was there to take a look at the boys playing, was not too impressed with the kind of football they played, but as time went on, I saw some boys playing well. Although compared to those have been seeing in the other halls, it wasn’t like it. It was more like the good footballers of the halls were not available, or are out at other halls to play.

Video https://youtu.be/TGcp2Q42LPU

97Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 13:52

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 9
I was at another match between two departments, this was Agric Department and Chemistry. the agric team were known for there good footballing moves, so in this friendly Chemistry were obviously the underdoggs. At the start of the match, the Agric team were not at all shy to show how superior they are as they did dominated the field for 9mins before they finally got a goal. The goal scored by a well gingered guy named Akin was struckd in with a typical finish. It kept on seeming as if the chemistry guys asked too much when they seeked for a friendly with the agric team as at the end of the first half, they were trailin by 3 goals. 2 goals already scored by Akin. Another player who served as the teams backbone was their midfielder James, who was always dictating the role of the ball when at the middle of the pitch.
With the Chemistry team having in mind that its just a friendly match, they brought in more subs and further lost the grip of the match by losing 6 0 at the end of the match and Akin scorring 4 of the goals.

video https://youtu.be/lNT_IHEurSo

98Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 14:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are on a roll today Brother Dar. It might be a good idea if the Chemistry team were to concoct a potion of elixir before their next outing. Failing that, Lucozade might help improve their performance.

99Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 14:56

Nigerianbolton

David Lee
David Lee

Report 10

On a sunday evening, i was out again to see if i can get a goood glance et any footballing activities, didnt walk far when i got to a hall nearby, where guys were playing football at its best. 5 aside as usual, with other boys waitin out to enter for the lossing team. It was interesting as it could be because the boys were playing soccer with enough motivation. I spotted 2 soccer warriors. One of them is Segun, plays as a centre half and was not shy to throw himself into any tackle, he was a stumbling block for the oppositions striker whenevr e comes. Also on the same team with Seggun was a guy named Duduyemi, who played upfront and did noting but made sure he has a good goal. segun from d department of Electrical and Duduyemi From wood..
For this last report i dont have a video, as it was corrupt while i paye less attention to my fone on feeling week this month.
That wld be all for this month, Next moth's promises are high as tha Competitions myt kick off. Also i made contact with two players in my database and would be bringing em nearer to my camera next month by God's grace.
Thank u all for providing me tha support, especially to RT and Mr Crossely who'll be paying me for this months service...
Thanks alll !!!!

100Nigerian Scouting thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: Nigerian Scouting thread. Mon Apr 23 2012, 15:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks for your reports Brother Dar.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum